Sponsored

Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed?

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
I installed myself and no issues thus far. I even incorporated the One-Touch oem switch to open & close!

How long has it been since you installed it?

Also, do you have a part number and link for the One-Touch OEM switch?

TIA
Sponsored

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
I installed mine (became a mytop installer) about 6 months ago and I have had no issues except one small spot of material wear due to the fold. Mytop has shipped me a fix that I will install this week. Other than that, it has been amazing. No squeaks or rattles, no issues with the mechanism or motors. We just drove the jeep over 500 miles on the interstate averaging 75 MPH and the wind noise was less than the factory top.

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
I installed mine (became a mytop installer) about 6 months ago and I have had no issues except one small spot of material wear due to the fold. Mytop has shipped me a fix that I will install this week. Other than that, it has been amazing. No squeaks or rattles, no issues with the mechanism or motors. We just drove the jeep over 500 miles on the interstate averaging 75 MPH and the wind noise was less than the factory top.
Do you have a Rubicon?
Also, when you say, “factory top,” do you mean the factory hard top?

TIA

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
No, I don’t have a rubicon and I meant quieter than the factory soft top….

Sponsored

Ettedanrev13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
It’s life changing man. All those moments where you couldn’t be bothered to drop the top because it takes 5-10 minutes with a dozen steps to do, with the mytop that doesn’t even matter anymore. I find myself dropping the top when I’m stuck in traffic and need a smoke break, at red lights or even stop signs. Even used it to do a Jeep wave lol. Other Jeep was shocked and grinning ear to ear.

As for quality compared to a hardtop I’d have to say it’s much quieter and warmer. When I had a hardtop it felt like I was driving in a hollow shell, noise and rattles everywhere, but with the mytop, everything just feels so much quieter. The top is triple layered so it’s even warmer in the cold. Reminds me of my 2015 Mustang convertible top but thicker. Apparently they use the same top manufacturer as Mercedes and other euro luxury convertible brands.

Reliability wise it’s been working flawlessly. I got it installed last summer and I’ve definitely used it more times than there have been days. I mean you really do use it as much as you open and close your door, because the second you park somewhere the top closes in seconds instead of minutes and when you get back to your vehicle, it’s just like rolling your windows open, only takes seconds. My uses are over the past couple months is probably close to a thousand now. I’m still using it in the winter on those random warm days. Other Jeep’s look at me like I’m crazy like who goes through all that hassle in the freezing cold to drop their top but little do they know 😉

The advertised price is like 3500 for black and 3700 for any other color isn’t that bad at all because almost everyone forgets that you can sell your factory top for 1500-2000 since you won’t ever need it anymore because the mytop is superior, so my overall cost of the top was more like 2k which is a small price to pay for so many Smiles per Gallon. The install cost is like any other mod, so I don’t even worry about that. People have paid more in labor for leather seats and mytop has a nation wide list of installers. Took my local mytop shop a couple hours to install and they did a great job.

As someone who comes from true powered convertibles, I knew the ability to go topless at a moments notice completely changes your ownership experience. I get to use so much more of my Jeep every single day while everyone else has to contemplate if it’s worth going through the trouble to be topless.

Wranglers are all about smiles per gallon and this mytop definitely does that.

This is my Instagram that I update regularly if you want to see more content of my life with mytop
https://www.instagram.com/[Banned Member]/

I love them because they made my dream come true. I’m a die hard convertible lover and my dream car has always been a convertible 4 door suv with AWD/4WD and lots of ground clearance, but I do hate the sport bar and door window frames since it takes away from some of my freedom which is why I’m excited for the Bronco.

Hope you end up choosing happiness!

F1BEDF00-6CA7-4509-8A8C-FC4091E68F89.jpeg
4D62E86D-857C-43E2-B19D-071A8F112626.jpeg
92344363-B6ED-467B-B617-C5F301B3BA3F.jpeg
B46DE629-C48C-4B03-9F66-75417EACFFFE.jpeg
00818B5D-CC65-4936-A980-9972F7C1C579.jpeg
Hi i live in NY too...where did you get your MyTop installed and did you have to change it to the hard top during winter or just keep the MyTop on all seasons?

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Interesting read... I found it humorous the MyTop "fanboy" is now banned 🤣🤣🤣 wonder if this thread had something to do with it 🤣🤣🤣

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Interesting read... I found it humorous the MyTop "fanboy" is now banned 🤣🤣🤣 wonder if this thread had something to do with it 🤣🤣🤣
Interesting... I got the top for my wife. She's 5'3" so OEM top was not an option she could manuver very well without me. She loves it and the install was not bad. So far so good!

Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Interesting... I got the top for my wife. She's 5'3" so OEM top was not an option she could manuver very well without me. She loves it and the install was not bad. So far so good!
I empathize, I'm 5'7 and I tend to struggle with it

cbisler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Rubicon
I have a first generation MYTOP on my wife's 2013 Rubicon, installed in 2017 she is also small 5'-1" worked fantastic until recently. Both motors failed. They are obsolete and no replacement. Looking to have these motors rebuilt or find two on a forum somewhere. Any help would be fantastic
Sponsored