Sponsored

Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
1) will it wire into one of the existing aux switches?
2) how scratch resistant is the window plastic? My one complaint with the factory soft windows is how easily they scratch. Second day I tried cleaning with a paper towel and some water and got all kinds of micro scratches. Don’t notice them anymore, but kind of annoying.
3) same question as previous poster. How’s the visibility/bounce out the back with the top down?
1. You probably can but you’ll end up using up 2 aux switches.

2. I haven’t noticed any scratches on mine, but then again these windows are super thick

3. It doesn’t bounce at all as everything is connected to motors which don’t move when not in use and I can see directly behind me. Just pause some of my videos when the camera is pointed behind me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 4E59C5D5-67CD-4AFC-B95E-EEEBB0308040

Sponsored

rjive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
This is probably a noob question, but can this top be removed & replace the hardtop? I’m thinking of an easy “summer solution” while retaining the hardtop as a winter solution.

Thank you in advance.

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Jeeperific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited 70th
Seriously considering for our Sahara Granite Gray.

My last automatic convertible had glass. It would be cool if had a glass option even if it was a slide in pocket piece or replacement back cover that needed detach and keep in a bag like the pop outs in my hardtop.

- What negatives are people noticing?
- What colors are people choosing and is the Silver Black more durable (fabric is thicker)?
- Anyway to make tail gate access easier for short wife?
- What are people's winter experiences in cold windy snowy climates?
- Once installed has anyone gone back to a hardtop for winter or any reason?
- How long did install take and what have people paid?

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
- What negatives are people noticing?
Can't think of any compared to the factory soft top since it's already quieter, thicker, and more insulated.

- What colors are people choosing and is the Silver Black more durable (fabric is thicker)?
I chose black as it was a few hundred cheaper than custom colors. All color choices have the same fabric.

- Anyway to make tail gate access easier for short wife?
My 5'3 girlfriend has no issues getting stuff out of the trunk. I'm a manlet so I'm not too much taller than her and trunk access is easier than the factory soft top IMO

- What are people's winter experiences in cold windy snowy climates?
It's definitely warmer than the hardtop I had and it opens just fine

- Once installed has anyone gone back to a hardtop for winter or any reason?
Only thing I can think of is for security reasons, but it's easier to break a window than to crawl through all the metal braces of a retractable soft top.

- How long did install take and what have people paid?
It took my local @myTop installer a couple hours and $800 for the install. I've read the install cost ranges from $600-$800.

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Black Jeep Convertible does your top fold down below your third brake light? Just had mine installed and it sits high when folded down with almost no rear visibility.

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Black Jeep Convertible does your top fold down below your third brake light? Just had mine installed and it sits high when folded down with almost no rear visibility.
I finished installing mine a couple of weeks ago (I have a restoration business so they let me become an installer) and there are several adjustments that can be made and are part of the install guide they provided your installer. My top opens where the header bar is even with or slightly below the top of the frame of the third brake light. If you need, I can take a photo of it tomorrow to show you where mine hits. It does allow for about the same rear view as it does with the top closed. Then you can decide if the installer needs to make some adjustments.

The mytop folks also provide phone and FaceTime tech support for installers so yours can call and get walked through the fine tuning if needed. Their support is really quite good.

I really love my new top and it make lowering the Jeep top as easy any other power top convertible..

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Yes would love to see some pics, thanks! Also can you please take some pics of your latches? Mine are not centered in the catch mechanism and I’m not sure I like that! I will send you some pics to get your opinion.
thanks
Craig

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Yes would love to see some pics, thanks! Also can you please take some pics of your latches? Mine are not centered in the catch mechanism and I’m not sure I like that! I will send you some pics to get your opinion.
thanks
Craig
Sure, if its not raining tomorrow, I'll take some photos at lunch and post them here....

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
From all their pictures online they do, but I removed my factory third brake light before I got this top and I’ve never had any rear visibility issues, but I do remember the top folding flatter after using it for a week or so since the top is very stiff at first, it needs to break in.

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
From all their pictures online they do, but I removed my factory third brake light before I got this top, but I never had any rear visibility issues, but I do remember the top folding flatter after using it for a week or so because the top is very stiff at first and needs to break in.
It is indeed very stiff....It has loosened up some over the last couple of weeks but the weather has been quite rainy since I put in on so it hasn't gotten as many cycles as it will over the next month. They did say it takes about a month or 2 to really stretch in.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
It is indeed very stiff....It has loosened up some over the last couple of weeks but the weather has been quite rainy since I put in on so it hasn't gotten as many cycles as it will over the next month. They did say it takes about a month or 2 to really stretch in.
I remember my latches also got easier to operate over time.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The " Unzip and Flip " rear window is so much better than having to pull out the whole panel for rear storage access.
The power top is available for the 2 door as well, right ? I would not hesitate to do the installation myself either.
Sponsored