Sponsored

Anyone had luck with the steering TSB in Montréal or area?...or any Canadian?

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited

I have parts on order (being covered by the dealer)...just wondering how thing have been for other...or if anyone has had it done and what's it like now?
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Yup, got mine done beginning of September in the GTA.

OP
OP
CRZYCDN

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Yup, got mine done beginning of September in the GTA.
Make a big difference? Did you end up re-checking the torque values on the new gear box? As well its the new black/cast iron one?

Any other issues or things to look out for?

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
Mine was just done last week - Eastside Dodge in Calgary. I told them about the TSB and how I felt it was wandering quite a bit and they had no hesitation to get it fixed up.

It wanders much less now - I can't do a great pre/post comparison because later that same day I had an RC 2.5" lift and 35's installed - but it handles better now than it did with the stock setup!

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Make a big difference? Did you end up re-checking the torque values on the new gear box? As well its the new black/cast iron one?

Any other issues or things to look out for?
I’ve not rechecked the toque values, but I’ll be under there this weekend doing work.

Sponsored

shepherd82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL

I have parts on order (being covered by the dealer)...just wondering how thing have been for other...or if anyone has had it done and what's it like now?
Saskatchewan here...
Mine is booked in for oct 19th. currently the steering is horrible and it’s a solid workout to drive on a highway for any length of time. Had no problems at the dealer getting parts ordered, despite other difficulties with them for other issues.
Will certainly post an update here as soon as the job is done.
what’s this about torque values ? The techs don’t know how to use a torque wrench ? Or is there a requirement to re-torque at some point- post installation ?

OP
OP
CRZYCDN

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Yes...we all "assume" the techs can read and follow the instructions...
Although I was reading on some of the other posts they were not torqued correctly...something along the lines of 40flb then 135deg more...?

So just wondering..

I'm waiting on parts to be shipped to the dealer.. its been almost 2 weeks now waiting...

shepherd82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Oh dear. They told me the parts needed to be ordered as well. Also that they’d call if the parts ended up backordered. I have a suspicion about where this is headed .....:movember:

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
In London, was denied the TSB due to my 285/75/R17s and rubi suspension swap at Forest City Dodge. Currently going back and forth with the dealer/FCA on the issue

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

In London, was denied the TSB due to my 285/75/R17s and rubi suspension swap at Forest City Dodge. Currently going back and forth with the dealer/FCA on the issue
I could see them being bitchy about the suspension swap, but tires?

Sponsored

OP
OP
CRZYCDN

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
I just had mine done this week.
Steering feels "lighter" less effort to turn...
I haven't had much road time with it...will today.
But first impressions is that there is no "dead" spot ...will see how it behaves today on the highway. Hopefully the pull is gone.

OP
OP
CRZYCDN

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
After about a 70km highway drive its better on a flat near perfect road(VERY hard to find here in Quebec...lol)...but anything with a crown or slope I'm still pulling ...maybe a bit less?! See how things goes... then in a couple weeks I'll put the winter boots on.

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
I could see them being bitchy about the suspension swap, but tires?
Yeah I questioned it for sure. I suggested Mopar lift LCAs to bring it back into spec or simply have someone sit in it like you probably should for a proper alignment anyways. It's 0.2 degrees low on caster and because I had an empty tank it was leaning slightly to the driver's side. Like have the wash kid lean on the bumper a bit, take your snapshot with the hunter machine and call it good lol. We'll see I'm gonna call Eichenberg in Tillsonburg tomorrow and see what they have to say, if they're hesitant I guess Wednesday or Thursday gotta swap at least springs sway links and tires, probably throw on the original sport shocks while I'm at it :facepalm:

OP
OP
CRZYCDN

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Have any of you put the LCA from the Mopar lift on? Worth it? Even though not adjustable?
I'm stock for now...would like a 2" lift one day but..$$ so in the interim I'm wondering if the cheaper non-adjustable would be worth it?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Have any of you put the LCA from the Mopar lift on? Worth it? Even though not adjustable?
I'm stock for now...would like a 2" lift one day but..$$ so in the interim I'm wondering if the cheaper non-adjustable would be worth it?
The best $60 that you can spend on your stock Rubicon. If you search around you'll find a thread with lots of positive comments.

Later,
Johnny
Sponsored