Sponsored

Anyone had "death wobble" while being towed?

X-rated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
My new JL has never death wobbled but it does get my attention from time to time. Mopar lift with 35's. We plan to flat tow it behind our pusher moho. Just curious how bad it might get if it ever went into severe wobble behind the bus?
Sponsored

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
My new JL has never death wobbled but it does get my attention from time to time. Mopar lift with 35's. We plan to flat tow it behind our pusher moho. Just curious how bad it might get if it ever went into severe wobble behind the bus?
Multiple people including me getting death wobble but I haven't heard of any reports of it occurring during flat-towing.

I definitely wouldn't want to experience it while towing.

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Following! Currently setting up my rig to do the same. I’m on 37’s with a 2” lift. The last think I want is my tail wagging!

poolman

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sahara
Having experienced Death Wobble many times with my JLU Sahara, both before and after FCA replaced my steering stabilizer, I think it could be catastrophic if the condition were to occur while flat towing.

For my Jeep, Death wobble has occurred while accelerating, coasting and braking. There is nothing different about towing that would reassure me in any way.

The big issue is that Death Wobble will not resolve until your speed is reduced to 45 - 50 MPH. If you were towing at highway speeds and did not notice your towed jeep was in Death Wobble, the condition is so violent that I would soon expect a catastrophic failure of steering or suspension components.

The good news is that most JLs are not afflicted.
Sponsored