Sponsored

Anyone gone to a car wash with the Skytop?

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited MOAB - 2019 RAM Limited
So far, I've washed my JL in the driveway. Coming from washing a RAM, the Wrangler is much easier and faster to clean so going to a car wash isn't a big deal, but still, I am wondering if anyone went into a car wash yet? I'm thinking the Skytop is going to be slightly similar to having a soft top on.

We had a hard rain a few weeks ago, and water came in in the front left corner, so I think I know the answer, but someone must have tried it? :)
Sponsored

First Name
Rah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rahevolution.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JLU Sahara 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I've taken mind to the automatic wash twice, mostly out of curiosity since we won't see any rain here in MN for months. It was certainly loud, but no signs of any leaks. The top was also pretty stable going through the air dryer. I was concerned it might flop around with the high pressure.

It was a lot like going through the carwash in a convertible. I had a Mistsubishi Spyder Eclipse that leaked slightly at the front pillars under high pressure. I'll keep watching for signs of leaks as the seals wear in. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Timmay

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited MOAB - 2019 RAM Limited
Thanks! I was surprised to see the water leak in that top driver corner, however, I can't recall if I had opened the door prior. I would expect water to run down the rails. Thanks, I may have to try it now :)
Sponsored