Anyone going to Baja after the 1st

duggram

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sport
I have a new JL Sport that I'll be taking to the tip beginning the end of Jan. This will be my first trip to Baja. I wanted to take one of my dual sport motorcycles but all of my friends with Baja experience told me not to go solo until I get some experience. So I got a Jeep, which I am really happy with. My Huskies will suffer from a lack of use. But one of them will get a chance after I learn about traveling in Baja.

Anyone else going to be traveling in Baja the same time? Any advice from the experienced would be appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP

duggram

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sport
Hey, thanks for checking. I've had a little medical issue come up, and I've decided to take my Husky 701 rather than the jeep. My doctor says I'll be cleared to travel on a motorcycle if I have no complications on 3/22. So three of us (KTM 990 and another 701) will cross at Mexicali on that day. I'm not sure how long we all will stay but I have 5 weeks. I hear from some Baja vets that the land, the beer and fish tacos are so good you don't want to leave so maybe I'll stay the full 5 weeks.

I will take the jeep some day, just not this trip. I'm still glad I have it. I can't think of a better vehicle for a retired person to have in Truth or Consequences, NM. There are endless roads and trails in the desert mountains here to keep you busy.
Sponsored