Sponsored

Anyone going to any of the Jeep Jamborees?

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
OUTDOORTREE is going on the Tillamook trip and sharing more about the 10piecechallenge. Is anyone here going to any of the locations? We might go to the Idaho on also.

I know you wheel, but do you subscribe to the philosophy: Leave No Trace? Hopefully you answered yes to that question! Sadly, there are a lot of riders out there that don’t. OUTDOORTREE, founded in 2016, has a mission save the outdoors one ride at a time. How can Jeepers save the outdoors you ask? One of the easiest and most effective ways is to be a part of the 10 piece challenge. You can participate by simply picking up ten pieces of litter each trip. Just place an empty garbage bag or dry bag in your ride and take off.

While '10' may sound like a nominal number, it multiplies immensely through the collective power of a group of Jeepers. In a single day, twelve jeeps can remove 120 pieces of litter. If a second group passes through the same area the following day, this quickly grows to 240 pieces and beyond. We all know of these areas in our regions that people dump trash or destroy a campsite.

By collecting litter, riders lead through example and educate our communities of the negative consequences of litter for the woodlands and the health of their animals and people. This is intended to foster a pride in their environment that only has positive outcomes for the Jeeping community and visitors alike.

https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/
www.outdoortree.org

image006.jpg
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I've been to a few of them but they have gotten too expensive. Also unless they are being held in some place you can't normally go, they are just a waste of money. We did the Ouray Jamboree in 2015. In 2016, we went back to Ouray and ran the trails on our own. We had much more fun because we didn't sit and wait every 5 minutes for the huge line of other Jeeps to move. They are great if you are a beginner, but other than that, you can have way more fun, experience a lot more and spend a lot less by skipping them.

Oh and BTW, in 2016 we rode the trails in Ouray the day after the Jeep Jamboree there and for the first time we noticed trash. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but it seemed like every place we stopped there were cans and bottles around the usual walk around and explore the scenery spots.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've been to a few of them but they have gotten too expensive. Also unless they are being held in some place you can't normally go, they are just a waste of money. We did the Ouray Jamboree in 2015. In 2016, we went back to Ouray and ran the trails on our own. We had much more fun because we didn't sit and wait every 5 minutes for the huge line of other Jeeps to move. They are great if you are a beginner, but other than that, you can have way more fun, experience a lot more and spend a lot less by skipping them.

Oh and BTW, in 2016 we rode the trails in Ouray the day after the Jeep Jamboree there and for the first time we noticed trash. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but it seemed like every place we stopped there were cans and bottles around the usual walk around and explore the scenery spots.
I was on the Rimrocker in October in Colorado and saw trash.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Yeah, man. I've got the Rubicon, Ouray, and MOAB paid up to go.

The Rubicon Trail was on my list for this year. I made it all the way to Southern California last year with the JL, but didn't do the Rubicon.

I had paid for the 1st annual Snowbird down in Florida that's this week, but timing with a work trip cancelled those plans for me. I don't really think they're too expensive. The Rubicon is $475 per adult. I don't see that as too much given the experience. Sure beats paying roughly the same to drive a race car around a track for a few laps. That and they have to helicopter supplies into camp.

Anyway, the shorter answer is yes, I'll be going to a few and more if I have the time. I'm always chasing those Jeep Badges, too.
Sponsored