Sponsored

Custom vanity license plates -- let's see yours!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I don't like to have a memorable license plate. Having an easy-to-recall plate can bite you on the ass. And...not necessarily because you are doing anything wrong. How many of you use your real full name when posting on the internet? Same logic.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Nice bike!!

Naw, this is AZ but too many snowflakes moving here from PRCA and too many of them in government jobs...

Hope you someday get your custom plate and thanks for helping folks all those years!
Not everyone in AZ is left-leaning. I saw the plate "TRUMPER" last week. IMO putting anything on your vehicle that displays your political leanings can prove to be foolhardy in this charged environment.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Not everyone in AZ is left-leaning. I saw the plate "TRUMPER" last week. IMO putting anything on your vehicle that displays your political leanings can prove to be foolhardy in this charged environment.

I generally agree (however still too many trying for government jobs...) Arizona is still a right of center state.
I totally agree that displaying (at least permanently) personal political leanings on your vehicle might prove foolhardy and could lead to vandalism or assault...This in and of itself is disgusting and 100% un-American. As Americans we have the right to express our opinions and engage others in discussions without fear of retribution of any type.
Respect for other opinions and property used to be taught in school and at home...Sadly this is rarely the case anymore.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I don't like to have a memorable license plate. Having an easy-to-recall plate can bite you on the ass. And...not necessarily because you are doing anything wrong. How many of you use your real full name when posting on the internet? Same logic.
Always thought it'd be neat to have a custom one like 5EFHE3 or J1I1IL or AVAYVA. Not to be evasive for law enforcement or anything (who use plate readers afaik), just something repetitive and similar enough to be forgettable by most other random drivers out there.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Always thought it'd be neat to have a custom one like 5EFHE3 or J1I1IL or AVAYVA. Not to be evasive for law enforcement or anything (who use plate readers afaik), just something repetitive and similar enough to be forgettable by most other random drivers out there.
I've thought about configuring a vanity plate in just such a manner. The problem is that that particular attempt at camouflage still comes across as a de facto vanity plate. Said differently, it looks like (because it is) a clear attempt to jumble things, to depart from the standard .gov combination of letters & numbers. The latter is what's more easily forgettable, IMO, and it costs nothing beyond the one-time plate issuance fee we pay here in PA.

Since I don't live a life where having one's license plate called in is a recurring concern, I've not given it any further thought. ;)

Reactions: AFD

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I've thought about configuring a vanity plate in just such a manner. The problem is that that particular attempt at camouflage still comes across as a de facto vanity plate. Said differently, it looks like (because it is) a clear attempt to jumble things, to depart from the standard .gov combination of letters & numbers. The latter is what's more easily forgettable, IMO, and it costs nothing beyond the one-time plate issuance fee we pay here in PA.

Since I don't live a life where having one's license plate called in is a recurring concern, I've not given it any further thought. ;)
Lol yeah, I've never had that happen myself afaik. Just always thought it was an interesting idea (and might look kinda neat/different without being memorable). Generally make it a point to always drive safe and avoid pissing anyone off, but I've come across some real aggressive weirdos from time to time. Iirc, PennDOT has (or had) some verbiage specifically related to obfuscation when ordering custom plates, but was never really sure if a combo of 1's, I's and L's would be considered as such, so I've always stuck with my boring randomly-generated plates.

Just wish they'd give us an option to have some nice-looking all black plates like some of the ones I've seen in this thread. Or at least bring back the old D.A.R.E. ones.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Just wish they'd give us an option to have some nice-looking all black plates like some of the ones I've seen in this thread. Or at least bring back the old D.A.R.E. ones.
By way of example, the PA State Police, among others, complained that the Flagship Niagara plates (remember them?) were difficult to read even when new and in good lighting. The eventual withdrawal of that design had the effect of reducing what other plate designs are available to us today.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
By way of example, the PA State Police, among others, complained that the Flagship Niagara plates (remember them?) were difficult to read even when new and in good lighting. The eventual withdrawal of that design had the effect of reducing what other plate designs are available to us today.
Yeah, that one was absolutely difficult to read for anyone, but a plain custom black with white lettering would be very legible (even more so than the modern blue on white ones that for some reason, seem to peel for some folk). Was never really a fan of the old dark blue "you've got a friend' plates, but at least they looked a little better on dark vehicles, at least aesthetically imo. Dark blue with white lettering would be cool if they ever give us another revision, even if just for custom/club/org plates.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Mine is RMNP, after my favourite National Park.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Just ordered mine with Michigans new throwback plate. Hopefully nobody will ever read it properly.

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom vanity license plates -- let's see yours! Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 10.39.05 AM
I read it as a trimmed-down "Onward ho!". Well-suited for a Jeep, IMO.

Or is it a request for the company of a lady of doubtful reputation? ;)