Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I have an order dated 12/7. I find it interesting that the Jeep website says available January 2021, its now 1/21. You can order the car, but you can't build it online. No idea why it comes with 33's but press showings and their own intro had a grey one with larger than 33's on it. IF the larger tires are an option, why cant we just order them? I can order a mopar trail kit but not the tires? little frustrated here as going on a bunch of time here and this is going the Bronco route. Get interest and then wait and wait and wait.....
Have you gotten your vin yet? It appears several of us did last night, so you might want to check with your dealer if you haven't received it already. As for the tires, I believe they said in the introduction that the 35's on the Granite truck were available from Mopar, but I have no clue if you can order them with your 392 or not. Maybe buyers will be able to eventually, since it doesn't appear that you can for now. Either way, I'm guessing that you can order them from Mopar through your dealer and have them installed when it arrives. As for why you may not be able to order them with the 35's, if that does turn out to be the case, I suppose it's possible that, as someone else mentioned in another thread, it could be a clearance issue with the train cars or delivery trucks. The standard Ruby is already tall, and the 392 will apparently be 1 to 2 inches taller than that, adding the 35's would bump that even higher. Who knows though, I'm just speculating.

Hope everything works out for you though

Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I was reading through some the gladiator ordering posts and it seems a lot of people have ordered their past jeeps instead of buying off the lot. Has anyone on this thread ordered a jeep and tracked the process throughout? I know this is always going to be variables but was curious if someone has an estimated time line on the build status? ....D status _days, D1 __days E__days etc.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I was reading through some the gladiator ordering posts and it seems a lot of people have ordered their past jeeps instead of buying off the lot. Has anyone on this thread ordered a jeep and tracked the process throughout? I know this is always going to be variables but was curious if someone has an estimated time line on the build status? ....D status _days, D1 __days E__days etc.
There is a really good thread from the build/price/order page from the forum, that goes into great detail about the whole process. (Attached below.) The one BIG caveat here though is that Jeep hasn't officially started building the 392s yet, and that there is a very limited number of allocations compared to a regular JL, at least so far. So the estimates for timing of build & delivery will be even less predictable than they already are.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

Hope this helps though, at least a bit.

Sponsored

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
You have a 392 in shipping status? Just like "nyvisual" clarified, it was a standard Rubicon he had on order. Since these threads are all under the "6.4L V8 Wrangler 392 Discussions" umbrella, the assumption is that we're all talking about 392's... no?
Yeah...that was my fault on that. I clearly didn’t read that the thread was solely on 392s. If I could delete I would.

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
I ordered on 12/7 and still no VIN here. I checked with both Jeep Chat and my dealer and got word that it moved from “BA” status to “BG”. I hope that’s at least a positive step forward.

Last edited:

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered on 12/7 and still no VIN here. I checked with both Jeep Chat and my dealer and got word that it moved from “BA” status to “BX”. I hope that’s at least a positive step forward.
If it makes you feel better, I ordered 12/8 and got the same status update, no VIN either :like:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have an order dated 12/7. I find it interesting that the Jeep website says available January 2021, its now 1/21. You can order the car, but you can't build it online. No idea why it comes with 33's but press showings and their own intro had a grey one with larger than 33's on it. IF the larger tires are an option, why cant we just order them? I can order a mopar trail kit but not the tires? little frustrated here as going on a bunch of time here and this is going the Bronco route. Get interest and then wait and wait and wait.....
First time ordering a new run vehicle? This isn’t even in the same realm as the Bronco, you can’t even order them yet. Why would you want to overpay for tires from the manufacturer? Just sell the 33s and put whatever you want on it. Disaster averted.