Sponsored

Anyone get 35s put on a Rubi at the dealership before picking the Jeep up?

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I feel like I've seen this mentioned before but can't find more info - is it possible to get Jeep to swap 35" BFGs onto a vehicle that's already on the lot in place of the stock 33s? I could have sworn this is possible but maybe I'm wrong. If anyone's gone this route what'd they charge for it?
Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like I've seen this mentioned before but can't find more info - is it possible to get Jeep to swap 35" BFGs onto a vehicle that's already on the lot in place of the stock 33s? I could have sworn this is possible but maybe I'm wrong. If anyone's gone this route what'd they charge for it?
I had the dealership do all the work from the day it landed on the lot for many reasons
- they're are a 5 star dealership
- they are certified so everything stay's under warranty
- They gave me parts for the same price I could get them for ( tires , wheels , lift kit )
- And they did it all in one day

I think total in labor was apx. 1500.00 for installing the lift , mount and balance new 35's , calibrate , install relocation bracket .

20180320_060227_resized.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

022.jpg

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
1500 in labor sounds high, I am estimating 400 for my lift, 100 for rims and tires, 125 recalibrate.. did you get anything else done? This is my first time doing all this, so worried I underestimated?

Jeep looks great by the way

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
There's no reason this can't be done, although I'd expect that this would be the most expensive way to do it. The big question is do the take-off tires have any value to your dealership, IE will they give you some credit for them. That's a bit iffy for most.

The downside I see is that it might be smart to put that first 500-1000 miles on the vehicle completely stock, so if there are any big defects issues with the jeep right away, there would be zero question or finger pointing with repairs. Imagine a major powertrain issue etc.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There's no reason this can't be done, although I'd expect that this would be the most expensive way to do it. The big question is do the take-off tires have any value to your dealership, IE will they give you some credit for them. That's a bit iffy for most.

The downside I see is that it might be smart to put that first 500-1000 miles on the vehicle completely stock, so if there are any big defects issues with the jeep right away, there would be zero question or finger pointing with repairs. Imagine a major powertrain issue etc.
That's why its under warranty

I drove mine off the lot lifted on march 23rd 2018 and have had zero issues and I've since changed to 37s and getting 18mpg
Still drives great and response is awesome

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
1500 in labor sounds high, I am estimating 400 for my lift, 100 for rims and tires, 125 recalibrate.. did you get anything else done? This is my first time doing all this, so worried I underestimated?

Just make sure it's done by a certified mechanic

Labor varies

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Most dealerships will do this, but they may not credit you for the tires that ship on the Jeep, so you will have to deal with (sell them) them on your own. Experiences in that area will vary.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Most dealerships will do this, but they may not credit you for the tires that ship on the Jeep, so you will have to deal with (sell them) them on your own. Experiences in that area will vary.
Oc MotorSport is a full off-road ship not just the service wing of the dealership, so they are knowledgeable about this stuff, and price competitive to other off-road shops

HB has an off-road shop like this too

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My dealership wouldn't take mine because they were full lol

I sold mine privately

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
I had the dealership do all the work from the day it landed on the lot for many reasons
- They gave me parts for the same price I could get them for ( tires , wheels , lift kit )

I think total in labor was apx. 1500.00 for installing the lift , mount and balance new 35's , calibrate , install relocation bracket .

013.jpg

018.jpg

022.jpg
What wheels did u get I like the look

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid

Are you buying wheels that are already mounted, balanced, and have TPMS? What type of lift are we talking just spacers, springs and shocks, just springs, relocation bracket, etc?

$400 for a lift installed seems cheap unless you are just doing something like springs and spacers.

The other option is to do it yourself. I did mine this weekend just by watching youtube videos. It's time consuming but not hard.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Are you buying wheels that are already mounted, balanced, and have TPMS? What type of lift are we talking just spacers, springs and shocks, just springs, relocation bracket, etc?

$400 for a lift installed seems cheap unless you are just doing something like springs and spacers.

The other option is to do it yourself. I did mine this weekend just by watching youtube videos. It's time consuming but not hard.
Spacer and shock lift.
wheels will need to be mounted balance and tpms installed

Are you generally pretty handy? I am not, so the idea scares me, and I have little kids so afraid i will do something wrong and have the tire collapse under the vehicle on the freeway or something.

RedLine

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (replaced 2018 Cherokee Trailhawk), 2013 JK Sport (Bought for Daughter)

013.jpg

018.jpg

022.jpg

Nice rig!

I'm considering the dealer install route too for the same reasons. That is the Mopar lift box there right? I don't have a quote yet so your $1,500 is good to have, thanks.

BTW, what size wheel and offset did you buy, looks great!

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Spacer and shock lift.
wheels will need to be mounted balance and tpms installed

Are you generally pretty handy? I am not, so the idea scares me, and I have little kids so afraid i will do something wrong and have the tire collapse under the vehicle on the freeway or something.
I’m somewhat handy but I have all the tools and recently installed coil overs on my Miata. In your case it might be better to use a shop. I think $100 to have five tires mounted, balanced, and TPMS installed for $100 seems really cheap. I paid more than double that in CT.

See if there is a local Jeep Facebook group and ask around for reputable independent shops. You will likely get the best price and better service.
Sponsored