Anyone found drivable emergency rain top for JL yet

Ndrogo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Unfortunately we do not have any as of yet that you are able to drive with them on for the JL. I will pass this along to the design team however this may be in the works. I would keep an eye out for new covers to be released as time goes on as manufacturers are able to design and test them.

Here is a link to the ones that we currently offer for the JL while it is parked:

MasterTop-11110609-Full-Door-Cab-Cover-JLU-Full-Shot.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/cab-cover-door-flaps-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

Mopar_82215370_Jeep_Logo_Cab_Cover_Wrangler_Unlimited_JL_Install.jpg
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/jeep-logo-cab-cover-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

Here is a link to all of the covers that we currently offer at this time:
https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_soft_tops/cab_covers

Thank you and have a great day,
Hailey
The covers they are used while parked. Will these keep water out during a rainstorm while at work and parked for a 4-6 hours. Not thinking a 4-6 hour storm just if it rains out in summer time. Looking for something to throw on while doors are off in summer if rain storm pops up.

Could this top go over if soft top was on but doors where off

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I have hard top only for my JL can’t find emergency top I can put on and get home dry anywhere. JK ones won’t work for JL I have seen. Anyone else have any luck. Thanks
Wouldnt buying a soft top make the most sense

Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Because I usually have my doors off and I don't bring the windows with me. I'm trying to maximize the days I can have my doors off....if its only going to rain while I'm at work, I can leave them off and put the cover on.
That's a very good point, didnt think of the doors being off.

I may now get a rain cover, thanks dude.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
My issue is I live in Florida. No telling when it will rain, and the weatherman is right less than 50% of the time. And it seems if it is going to rain, it's always when I'm heading home from work.

I'd like to have the top off more often, but I've been caught in unexpected downpours too many times on the bike. Not to mention the heat of the sun can be unbearable.

I may look at the NX Soft top as an option, but I'd prefer something that just straps on to the cage, and can be taken off or put on in less than 5 minutes.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
Hi Hailey,
Has the Mopar cab cover been modified since it was first released? I got one of the first ones and it does not fit properly with the soft top down. They didn’t leave room for the material to stretch over the soft top hardware and there is always a gap along the back sides and it also doesn’t cover the windshield completely because of it. Please tell me they fixed this.
Unfortunately we do not have any as of yet that you are able to drive with them on for the JL. I will pass this along to the design team however this may be in the works. I would keep an eye out for new covers to be released as time goes on as manufacturers are able to design and test them.

Here is a link to the ones that we currently offer for the JL while it is parked:

MasterTop-11110609-Full-Door-Cab-Cover-JLU-Full-Shot.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/cab-cover-door-flaps-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

Mopar_82215370_Jeep_Logo_Cab_Cover_Wrangler_Unlimited_JL_Install.jpg
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/jeep-logo-cab-cover-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

Here is a link to all of the covers that we currently offer at this time:
https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_soft_tops/cab_covers

Thank you and have a great day,
Hailey

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
My issue is I live in Florida. No telling when it will rain, and the weatherman is right less than 50% of the time. And it seems if it is going to rain, it's always when I'm heading home from work.

I'd like to have the top off more often, but I've been caught in unexpected downpours too many times on the bike. Not to mention the heat of the sun can be unbearable.

I may look at the NX Soft top as an option, but I'd prefer something that just straps on to the cage, and can be taken off or put on in less than 5 minutes.
I’m in the same boat here in Florida.

And it rains here just before I leave work most days.

The thing is, the Quadratec one is a great option but I’m not staying at work for another 1hr to wait for the rain to pass LOL

The only way to do it is using your soft top and your doors will always have to be on.

It sucks but it is what it is man.

The only drivable watertight option is the soft top and doors on.

Sponsored

raddoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
I'm thinking that whoever can make it to market first with a drivable emergency top for the JL will get ALL the business. Hint hint @Quadratec

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
I'm thinking that whoever can make it to market first with a drivable emergency top for the JL will get ALL the business. Hint hint @Quadratec
I'm with you on that !!
I wheel in northern Michigan and invariably a rain storm pops up while we're on the trail. A rain cover sure would be nice and I wouldn't need it for highway speeds. Just the trail back to the cabin.

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Still nothing on a emergency rain top yet. Crazy to me.

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
So, is it confirmed that the solid black vinyl Mopar Sun Bonnet wouldn't work for rain? I would think the mesh top would let water through, but the solid vinyl seems like it would work while driving.