Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
  • Banned
Noticed that my previous outting as a stocker left a little damage. Years of offroading and I've never creased an oil pan until now. Anyone done an aftermarket engine skid yet and like it? Looking at Artec and Rockhard4x4....

31478674_10216494874664863_4209717027012608000_o-X2.jpg
Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm installing the Rock Hard full underbelly. I am almost done, but I had to wait for the brackets for the gas tank skid. That said, it has been a royal PITA to install. Don't get me wrong, this thing is STOUT and it is going to be worth every cuss word spoken during it's install, lol.

OP
OP
offcamber

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
  • Banned
So what was the most challenging part of the install? It looks pretty stout!

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Part of my issue is self induced. I installed LoD rock sliders which mount to the frame. Unfortunately, the skid plate system also mounts to the frame so there were problems where they interfere. I had to notch the belly skid to fit around the slider mounts and I'm not sure what I'll need to do to get the fuel tank skid installed, but I'm sure the cutoff wheel will have to be deployed. After that, the brackets used to mount the oil pan skid could have used a little more thought and better design (aka- more accurate bends). I had to leave everything real loose, get the bolts through the holes, then tighten up causing the brackets to conform. Then there is the issue of the sadist that decided where a few bolts are located. There are 2 that require quite a bit of contorting to get the nuts on then almost no way of getting a wrench on. That individual deserves a swift kick to the nads.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rob