Anyone fold/unfold soft top every day?

Mole351

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hope it’s able to take this kind of use. I pretty much am going doorless and top off (folded down) every day it doesn’t rain. When get to work I fold the top up (safari) just to keep sun from beating on the interior all day. Then when I leave I fold back down. Rinse and repeat next day.

Now just need to find a damn rain cover i can use that fits over the folded down soft top!
Sponsored

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Hope it’s able to take this kind of use. I pretty much am going doorless and top off (folded down) every day it doesn’t rain. When get to work I fold the top up (safari) just to keep sun from beating on the interior all day. Then when I leave I fold back down. Rinse and repeat next day.

Now just need to find a damn rain cover i can use that fits over the folded down soft top!
Yeah, I'm an almost everyday kind of guy. I was thinking the same thing about overuse, but I feel that's what it is made for.

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase

With the threat of rain every night the last week, yes. Of course, I put the top up and it doesn't rain.

If I left the top down it would down pour.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Do you have the standard soft top or the premium soft top? I raise/lower mine fairly regularly (4ish times per week). Remember that nothing on the soft top is irreplacable. If one of the metal frame bars break, they can be replaced. And the soft top itself has a lifespan of 5-7 years but you can purchase replacement vinyl without having to replace the frame. (haven't seen prices on the JL, but historically these run around $500-800).

Gengispecan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door jl Rubicon
I do the same thing you do at work. I haven't had the doors or sides on for about a month now and I just keep an extra towel in case it rains. I sure as hell hope doing that doesn't break it anytime soon!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mole351

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah, I'm an almost everyday kind of guy. I was thinking the same thing about overuse, but I feel that's what it is made for.
Yeah - seems sturdy enough.

Dig your profile pic and username btw. Phan here, and my license plate below...and I do not love teaching GRE’s

Gl7H8QX.jpg

OP
OP

Mole351

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do you have the standard soft top or the premium soft top? I raise/lower mine fairly regularly (4ish times per week). Remember that nothing on the soft top is irreplacable. If one of the metal frame bars break, they can be replaced. And the soft top itself has a lifespan of 5-7 years but you can purchase replacement vinyl without having to replace the frame. (haven't seen prices on the JL, but historically these run around $500-800).

Premium I believe.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
You can put it up and down as many times as you like within 3yrs/36k miles:like:... I can't imagine the soft top being an item of durability like brakes and tires.

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Yeah - seems sturdy enough.

Dig your profile pic and username btw. Phan here, and my license plate below...and I do not love teaching GRE’s

Gl7H8QX.jpg
Awesome! Always good to hear about other phans. I have to admit, it took me a minute to get the license plate. But I think it is because I had Phish in mind when looking at it. I assume it is for Touch of Grey? Such a good song, whether it was a radio hit or not. I think you'll like my custom grille insert...

upload_2019-5-30_15-31-2.png

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mole351

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Awesome! Always good to hear about other phans. I have to admit, it took me a minute to get the license plate. But I think it is because I had Phish in mind when looking at it. I assume it is for Touch of Grey? Such a good song, whether it was a radio hit or not. I think you'll like my custom grille insert...

upload_2019-5-30_15-31-2.png

Wow - so badass! Did you have that made? By far the coolest insert I’ve seen. I was looking for Phish inserts or tire covers the other day though not so sure how good an insert would look.

Yeah - touch of grey...dig the song but did it more so as fitting between the grey Jeep, point in my life (starting to get a few grey hairs) and of course a dead fan. Not super obvious but folks get it here and there.

Assume you’re in tax as well? I don’t do tax but I’m a CPA...so you know...numbers and stuff. Lol

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Wow - so badass! Did you have that made? By far the coolest insert I’ve seen. I was looking for Phish inserts or tire covers the other day though not so sure how good an insert would look.

Yeah - touch of grey...dig the song but did it more so as fitting between the grey Jeep, point in my life (starting to get a few grey hairs) and of course a dead fan. Not super obvious but folks get it here and there.

Assume you’re in tax as well? I don’t do tax but I’m a CPA...so you know...numbers and stuff. Lol
Had the insert custom made by Under the Sun Inserts. I just sent them a pic via their email contact and they did the rest; super easy. Also had a custom tire cover made by someone on Etsy. If you're interested, I can probably look back through my emails and find the gals who did it. The insert was like $150 or so, while the tire cover was less than $100.

Yeah, I'm a tax director for a regional construction company. I spent 13 years at Baker Tilly (regional CPA firm) but couldn't stand tax season any more. Numbers are cool.