Sponsored

Anyone flash Aux switches using Tazer JL?

tnnjl

First Name
tnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Hey guys, sorry to beat a dead horse but I am stuck also. Installed the harness this weekend using both the video guide from DJ pony parts and the instructions and no lights. I figured I would give it a day to do more research and so today I took everything apart again and retraced my steps.
I checked all the fuses on the relay.
Set aux switches to no and reboot with tazer.
Set aux switches to yes and then rebooted.
Checked the ground to make sure it is grounded.
Checked Orange wire, good, fully seated.
Retraced each pin behind switch panel.
Still no juice.
Are there any fuses in the fuse panel I should check?
I am totally stuck.
I was in the same boat. Check and recheck my installation 10+ times, measure voltages, check blown fuses, marry and unmarried the TazerJL, etc... Aux options appeared in the UConnect but the switch lights didn't come on. Ended up the dealer reflashed the UConnect and voila... Charged me 125$, they didn't complain about any installations so my installation was done correctly. Hope ZAutomotive can help answering this.
Sponsored

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, sorry to beat a dead horse but I am stuck also. Installed the harness this weekend using both the video guide from DJ pony parts and the instructions and no lights. I figured I would give it a day to do more research and so today I took everything apart again and retraced my steps.
I checked all the fuses on the relay.
Set aux switches to no and reboot with tazer.
Set aux switches to yes and then rebooted.
Checked the ground to make sure it is grounded.
Checked Orange wire, good, fully seated.
Retraced each pin behind switch panel.
Still no juice.
Are there any fuses in the fuse panel I should check?
I am totally stuck.
Are you at the latest Tazer firmware?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Are you at the latest Tazer firmware?
@RocketScientist

I second your question.

IF the Tazer JL is not running firmware 11.0.6, then the Tazer JL will not be able to enable or disable AUX.

There have been multiple member's here, state they turned on Aux with a Tazer JL running firmware 11.0.6.

Yes, there have been a couple of forum posts saying they could not enable Aux with their Tazer JL and with those, the guys were running old firmware and not the necessary 11.0.6. ..... or in a few cases, they had a wiring issue with the Aux they installed.

Guess if the Tazer JL with 11.06 firmware cannot enable AUX for a guy, he can go the the dealership and see if they can enable it.... Sure it could possibly be the Tazer JL not doing the job but even more likely is a wiring issue, I'd say. I'm basing this on forum posts, etc..

Mvp8500

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys thanks so much for the replies. Yup I am running the latest firmware. However I do suspect it is that pesky Orange wire not making good contact.
Will try again tonight.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
I had that problem with the tow harness install. Thought power/red was in solid. It wasn’t. I double checked by looking at the connector on the pin side. I did have the same problem you describe here when I did the Aux install, went to the orange wire. Good. Went to the fuses on newly installed harness good. Mine was the firmware issue. Thankfully. Did not want to have to go to dealer! Hopefully it’s the orange wire for you.

Sponsored

Mvp8500

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys update on the issue. It was that stupid Orange wire no matter how far I pushed it into the Connector it wasn't far enough so what I did was hard wired it.
Got my lights wired up and Good to go now. Thank you everyone for your help.

MissAnnThorpe

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Sahara 4xE
I installed the wire harness and aux switches on mine. Enabled the aux menu, everything works. Only issues I have is that when I unmarry the Tazer to take it to the dealership, aux is disabled again.

I absolutely refuse to pay Jeep to enable a menu that should have been enabled to begin with. Likewise with the tire size. There is 0 excuse for that not to in a menu somewhere other than some prick manager decided to be greedy and alienate customers. Does anybody know a way to make the changes persistent so I don't have to have the Tazer plugged in all the time?

MissAnnThorpe

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Sahara 4xE
Hey guys update on the issue. It was that stupid Orange wire no matter how far I pushed it into the Connector it wasn't far enough so what I did was hard wired it.
OMGF that took me like 20 minutes of poking. Eventually I realized there's a little a white tab to release (it's red on most of the other connectors) and then the pokey side went right in. There are two holes in the top of the connector you can use to push the white guard forward with a spudger or screwdriver. To push it back, I just plugged the connector into the other one and it went "click" nicely. My experience through the install was that nothing needed to be forced.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
I installed the wire harness and aux switches on mine. Enabled the aux menu, everything works. Only issues I have is that when I unmarry the Tazer to take it to the dealership, aux is disabled again.

I absolutely refuse to pay Jeep to enable a menu that should have been enabled to begin with. Likewise with the tire size. There is 0 excuse for that not to in a menu somewhere other than some prick manager decided to be greedy and alienate customers. Does anybody know a way to make the changes persistent so I don't have to have the Tazer plugged in all the time?
JScan will make the tire sizes and gear ratio adjustments permanent. I don't know if it has the ability to enable the aux switches though, as mine has the tow package. It does have these settings in the JScan app though. Just can't verify if it works or not.
Sponsored