Sponsored

Anyone flash Aux switches using Tazer JL?

jnunes22

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I Had company install aux switches, and a 10 inch light bar, they said they used AUX 1 (w 25 amp fuse), got it flashed and still didn't work.

**Update: Looking at a video online for installation, I see where tech wired wrong under passenger compartment, wired orange wire to male connector verses the female side. Also broke my side panel, its now 2 pieces instead of 1.
Sponsored

Last edited:

YarGib

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal, 18 Challenger, 96 Corvette
I installed the aux switches today. I programmed using the Tazer JL. The aux switches show up on uconnect screen. They don't work. No 12 V when turned on and no lights on switches. I double checked all wiring. Anybody have any ideas?

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I installed the aux switches today. I programmed using the Tazer JL. The aux switches show up on uconnect screen. They don't work. No 12 V when turned on and no lights on switches. I double checked all wiring. Anybody have any ideas?
Following as I didn’t know Tazer could do this. It would be well worth the price.

Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392, 2024 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever figure out your issue. I'm having the exact same issue. I've triple checked everything with a meter. Enabled the Aux switches with the Tazer multiple times and while the aux settings show up in Uconnect the switches don't light up. I confirmed I had good power and ground to the Aux switch panel.

YarGib

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm flying back from a 2 week vacation now. I plan on having the dealer flash it when I get a chance. I know my wiring is correct also. Electronics and wiring is what I do for a living for the past 28 years.

Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine last weekend, and everything is working fine. Enabled the AUX screen with the TazerJL, too. Each AUX switch was tested to provide 12V+ to each of the 4 AUX wires.

A few things to check:
  • First, are you all sure you have the new female orange wire going all the way into the Jeep's harness, such that it's firmly locked in place?
  • Was the Red shield on the Jeep's harness put back in place? Not doing so would likely cause some pins to not make good connections.
  • Also, are you sure the female orange wire you removed from the Jeep's stock harness is installed into the supplied two-slot connector plug (using slot #1), ensuring the male orange wire that came with the kit is exactly on the opposite side of that new connector plug's slot #1?
  • When you placed each of the wires into the harness that plugs directly into the AUX switch housing, did you press the white section of the plug in until it clicked? This locks the wires in place, and not doing so would cause the wires to not seat properly.
If all of the above has been validated to ensure each installation step was performed correctly (directions provided simply weren't the best), make sure you check all of the new harness' fuses and relays. If you have specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them based on what I encountered while installing the switches.

YarGib

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes all that was done. Checked connector that plugs into Aux switch. Red has 12v black checks good to ground. Orange has 12 v which I'm guessing is how uconnect talks to switch.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes all that was done. Checked connector that plugs into Aux switch. Red has 12v black checks good to ground. Orange has 12 v which I'm guessing is how uconnect talks to switch.
Yeah, the orange seems to intercept the stock UConnect signal and routes it to the switch and back. I know you've got electronics experience, I'm just trying to figure where potential gaps might be. If you're getting a 12V signal at the front and back of the new 2-pronged switch you installed and at the AUX switch itself, my best guess would be that there's a weak ground, or possibly a faulty relay.

I had a tough time with the colors of the wires going into the connector behind the AUX Switch. I'm slightly color challenged and wear bifocals, so dark wires in a relative dark environment took me a minute. Checking the colors of those wires may also be worth a look. Hope you get it figured out!

Last edited:

YarGib

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for trying to help. I had some co-workers double check my work. I am human and have made mistakes before. Everything is correct. Some other people had problems getting the aux switches to work with Tazer.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anytime, glad to do it.

Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I'm pretty sure if you see the switch setup under settings on the Uconnect, then the Tazer did it's job. I would check all the fuses in the aux switch harness, especially the one near the battery plus terminal.

YarGib

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever figure out your issue. I'm having the exact same issue. I've triple checked everything with a meter. Enabled the Aux switches with the Tazer multiple times and while the aux settings show up in Uconnect the switches don't light up. I confirmed I had good power and ground to the Aux switch panel.
Went to dealer today to have steering recalibration TSB flashed. They flashed my Aux Switches while I was there. It's all working now. There is an update to Tazer that is suppose to fix Aux Switches.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm:

11.0.3 (and possibly lower) does not correctly enable AUX switches. They show up in Uconnect, but they don’t work.

I got my Tazer JL right before update, so it was not current.

I had to update to 11.0.6, reconnect, set AUX to “NO”, reboot, get back in, set AUX to “YES”, reboot. All is well now.

I was frustrated as I was fairly confident in my install, as OP was. But I rechecked everything, anyway, all looked good. Had to be something else. Thankfully we have this forum! Wasn’t looking forward to dropping $100+ at dealer to sort out!

Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392, 2024 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm:

11.0.3 (and possibly lower) does not correctly enable AUX switches. They show up in Uconnect, but they don’t work.

I had to update to 11.0.6, reconnect, set AUX to “NO”, reboot, get back in, set AUX to “YES”, reboot. All is well now.

I was frustrated as I was fairly confident in my install, as OP was. But I rechecked everything, anyway, all looked good. Had to be something else. Thankfully we have this forum! Wasn’t looking forward to dropping $100+ at dealer to sort out!
This is exactly why I love forums. I downloaded the latest Tazer firmware and enabled the Aux switches and they now work perfectly.

Mvp8500

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm:

Hey guys, sorry to beat a dead horse but I am stuck also. Installed the harness this weekend using both the video guide from DJ pony parts and the instructions and no lights. I figured I would give it a day to do more research and so today I took everything apart again and retraced my steps.
I checked all the fuses on the relay.
Set aux switches to no and reboot with tazer.
Set aux switches to yes and then rebooted.
Checked the ground to make sure it is grounded.
Checked Orange wire, good, fully seated.
Retraced each pin behind switch panel.
Still no juice.
Are there any fuses in the fuse panel I should check?
I am totally stuck.
Sponsored