Sponsored

Anyone find right pull gone after front axle swap?

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey guys. I’m new to jeeps, I have a 2018 JLU sport. It had a spacer lift and 37’s when I bought it. It had a very very slight right hand pull. But it wandered at higher speeds. I have since installed a teraflex 3.5 in lift with geometry correction brackets, track bar, and a stabilizer. Jeep doesn’t wander at all anymore but pulls right enough to be very frustrating. I’ve searched the forums and read everything from tires to control arms to psc steering assist. I plan to do a front axle swap and my question is if anyone has seen the right pull go away with an axle swap. Just a thought I wanted to get out as I haven’t read anything about it.
Sponsored

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
maybe it is the steering box? There is a huge thread discussing issues with the aluminum steering box

OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sourdough I was thinking that too with upper and lower adjustable control arms, just wasn’t sure if it was entirely doable with a straight axle? Anyway, had the dealer look at it and, as I figured, they say nothing wrong. Steering box is good, which I believe it is, there is no dead spot in steering. And they said the alignment was good, which is the 4th alignment that has been done now. Got about as far as I expected with the dealer......nowhere.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My stock 2019 JLUR pulled to the right ever since new. This wasn't the typical crown of road pull. It legitimately pulled to the right. Alignment, tire pressure, etc. were all checked and were good.

I had the steering box TSB done (which included a software update) and it got rid of the pull. It does follow the crown of the road, which is expected.

So either the aluminum steering box was causing the pull, or the software for the Electronic Power Steering system was causing it. My 2018 JLUR didn't pull at to the right. My hunch is the software in my 2019 was wrong somehow and would add steering assist when it wasn't supposed to.

I'd get the new steering box with software update (especially if you're still under warranty) and see if that fixes it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thank or that tip, I’ll have to go back in and make sure they update it.

OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thought I would give an update on the Jeep. I finally talked to the right guy at the dealership and they did the steering box and update under warranty. They tried saying at first that it wouldn’t go in because I have aftermarket parts under the front end. I said really, does it not go in the same exact place the stock one does? 🙄
It was after I said the Jeep is very dangerous to drive because it pulls so hard and I’m concerned I will wreck. One one the techs drove it and confirmed it pulls that bad. Now everyone took my concerns seriously after the third time in and they did the update. The hard pull is pretty much completely gone, I would say it has the typical road crown pull now, but I can handle that. Very happy now. Thanks limeade for the tip, I really appreciate it.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I had the same pull to the right and wander until I got the steering tsb performed. Everything is tight and straight now without the aluminum steering box
Sponsored