Sponsored

Anyone familiar with the Suntop?

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
What materials are they made of? Are they closer to the premium top materials or the lower end materials? I'm really interested in this top. It looks like a better fit for what I want than the Bestop Trektop NX or the MOPAR soft top.
Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
What product do you refer to, for example, the Bestop Sunrider product?

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@trouphaz I just had a top delivered today and haven't had a chance to get it out of the box yet. I'm hoping to install it this weekend. The company was great to work with though.
Oh nice. Please let me know what the materials feel like. It would be awesome if you could send photos too! :D

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@XLR8TOR; did you buy directly from the company? They say ExtremeTerrain is a dealer but the product isn’t showing on their site...I would greatly appreciate if you could share the cost and how to purchase cause I’ve been looking for their top for a while.

Sponsored

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@trouphaz I just had a top delivered today and haven't had a chance to get it out of the box yet. I'm hoping to install it this weekend. The company was great to work with though.
hey XLR8TOR, any updates on the install? once i hear back from them, i'm pretty sure i'll be pulling the trigger. just wondering how well it is made and what sorts of materials they used.

alwebs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara JLU
I think it's because they don't sell directly to the consumer. They have retailers listed on their website throughout Europe and Extreme Terrain in the USA. Extreme Terrain has their JK tops listed (if don't have a JL (or anything other than JK)inputted as your vehicle), if you search for "suntop".
I contacted the company and got the following pricing information...

Top ( with hardware ) 549.00 usd
Fastback windows 288.00 usd
Cargo windows 326.00 usd
You can choose one style of windows or both
We deliver with UPS 4 working days ( cost depends on the order ) Payment paypal or bank transfer

XLR8TOR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
hey XLR8TOR, any updates on the install? once i hear back from them, i'm pretty sure i'll be pulling the trigger. just wondering how well it is made and what sorts of materials they used.
@trouphaz With Father's Day and the rain here in CO I haven't had a chance to install it. I did just take a look at the material in my garage and it's good but on the thinner side. Not as thick as an OEM soft top but similar to a tonneau cover I had on my old JK. Looks like it'll hold up fine to the weather here in CO. I'll take pics once I have it installed. I've got some confidence in the vendor so far due to their quick responses, fast shipping, and good packaging.

The quote that @alwebs posted is correct. Shipping was $95 for a total of $970 for the top and cargo windows.

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@trouphaz With Father's Day and the rain here in CO I haven't had a chance to install it. I did just take a look at the material in my garage and it's good but on the thinner side. Not as thick as an OEM soft top but similar to a tonneau cover I had on my old JK. Looks like it'll hold up fine to the weather here in CO. I'll take pics once I have it installed. I've got some confidence in the vendor so far due to their quick responses, fast shipping, and good packaging.

The quote that @alwebs posted is correct. Shipping was $95 for a total of $970 for the top and cargo windows.
Thanks for the info. I got impatient and ordered mine yesterday. Hoping to see it soon. :)