Anyone familiar with the Suntop?

ScottG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Good evening, for those of you that bought the suntop JL4, would you buy it again? I’m looking to order the cargo version but wanted to see if anyone had buyers remorse after a few months.
Thanks
Scott
Sponsored

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Good evening, for those of you that bought the suntop JL4, would you buy it again? I’m looking to order the cargo version but wanted to see if anyone had buyers remorse after a few months.
Thanks
Scott
i don’t because there’s still isn’t anything like it. I’m waiting to see how much that bestop is going to cost. But even then, there is nothing like that cargo back.

but I did take it off for the winter. It was just too thin for the cold weather and possibly snow.

ScottG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thank you. Isn’t the new bestop top like $2,000? Or are they coming out with something else?

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. Isn’t the new bestop top like $2,000? Or are they coming out with something else?
Have they actually announced a price?

Sponsored

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you can preorder for $75
Looks like they’ve only set up preorders on the square back Supertop Ultra and not the fastback Trektop Ultra.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Looks like they’ve only set up preorders on the square back Supertop Ultra and not the fastback Trektop Ultra.
Correct. We're still waiting for final pricing internally but we expect it to be very similar to the Supertop Ultra for JL pricing...right around $2,000.

As soon as we have final pricing pre-orders will be going live with shipping still expected in mid/late March (based on what we know right now).

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Runemb81

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
@trouphaz I just had a top delivered today and haven't had a chance to get it out of the box yet. I'm hoping to install it this weekend. The company was great to work with though.
Just wondering if you have a four door or two? Having issues with the seat belts retracting.

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wondering if you have a four door or two? Having issues with the seat belts retracting.
I’ve got the 4 door. What part of the install affected the seatbelt?

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Have you seen the Suntop in person? My understanding is that the materials are similar to the lower end Bestop materials, black diamond I believe it is called. The mounting equipment is good and the way the top fits into the rails on top works well. The top doesn't feel loose or sloppy at all and looks great. The material could be thicker though, but I wonder if it is a trade off because thicker top would be bulkier when it rolls forward.
The material is ok. It's the craftmanship of mine that I have an issue with. The pocket for the bar that runs across the soundbar is already coming loose at the seams on both sides of mine. Drivers side is all the way to the middle of the top and I've hardly driven it since the install, since we're all stuck at home. Started flapping and that's how I noticed it was separating at the seams. I've reached out to them once with no reply. Just wrote them again tonight. Other than that I like the top.

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m trying to decide if I want to put mine back on or but the bullet and order the new Bestop Trektop Ultra and sell my hardtop and Suntop to pay for it.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Suntop stepped up and replaced my top under warranty. New top was delivered in a couple of days, installed and all is good. A little loud but no more flapping. I like it.

jdusza1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine and installed saturday. The installation paperwork and videos are not as helpful as hope. Its a different look vs the Mopar and bestop. Have had great customer service by phone from Ryan at Suntop in New York.

jdusza1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted the company and got the following pricing information...

Top ( with hardware ) 549.00 usd
Fastback windows 288.00 usd
Cargo windows 326.00 usd
You can choose one style of windows or both
We deliver with UPS 4 working days ( cost depends on the order ) Payment paypal or bank transfer
Received the suntop fastback cargo top a week ago. Installation took almost 3 hours due to directions. Regular install should be less than 1 hour. Unique design and features. Great local support via phone from NY vs Italy. Happy so far with options vs Mopar and Besttop limitations.
Sponsored