OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Thanks! The possible price tag on that one scares me
yeah, i hear you. still worth waiting for just to see before pulling the trigger on the suntop. the suntop delivery was super quick. i ordered it and had it within a few days which was impressive given the size and that the company is in Italy.
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Thanks! But it they don’t have what I’m looking for

I’m needing something I can handle myself, with the ability to be completely open but easy enough to put back on in not to long of time.
Not sure if this helps or not but while it may seem that you might use some interior storage room with the slant back it's not usually the case. If you load your cargo area nothing is usually ever placed up that high. In general, you'll be loading everything so it's contained with the interior walls of the cargo area. Higher than that you'll probably only place something light like jackets, pillows, etc. otherwise they could punch through your top.

Just some additional food for thought given we get this particular question/concern quite a bit :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if this helps or not but while it may seem that you might use some interior storage room with the slant back it's not usually the case. If you load your cargo area nothing is usually ever placed up that high. In general, you'll be loading everything so it's contained with the interior walls of the cargo area. Higher than that you'll probably only place something light like jackets, pillows, etc. otherwise they could punch through your top.

Just some additional food for thought given we get this particular question/concern quite a bit :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
is there any info available about the new Trektop Ultra? I haven’t seen anything beyond the SEMA videos.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Actually there is.

We've not started building out information on bestop.com but over the next couple of weeks we'll be ramping up on this front.

Production has started and we're currently slated to get our first units middle of February if no issues are found during production.

Look for additional info coming on bestop.com in the next couple of weeks.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually there is.

We've not started building out information on bestop.com but over the next couple of weeks we'll be ramping up on this front.

Production has started and we're currently slated to get our first units middle of February if no issues are found during production.

Look for additional info coming on bestop.com in the next couple of weeks.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
awesome! Glad to hear it!

Kerfien

First Name
Lesli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Mojito! 1998 Eclipse Sypder. 1993 Honda Prelude

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I checked out the YouTube video for the Ultra and it does look nice. Any idea on price range yet? Any good pre order sales or anything like that?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I checked out the YouTube video for the Ultra and it does look nice. Any idea on price range yet? Any good pre order sales or anything like that?
Pricing has not been set yet. Hopefully, we'll get word this week/early next and will have more information available on it. :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
I want to get more familiar with this:
0FF3A493-D108-4585-8E01-404CA41FC843.png

Definitely their work, but not listed on their website yet.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
WHEN !?? This Roadster modular design looks great, I'm glad there is competition to Bestop, their Made in China, quality issues, long lead times are really irksome.
Competition is good for the buyer., big companies aren't always " better "

Sponsored

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is very odd because it doesn't look like anything new. You can already buy the bikini top with the fastback rear panel or the same top with the cargo rear panel. It just looks like they're allowing you to buy the bikini top with both the fastback and cargo rear panels so you can swap them whenever you want.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
That is very odd because it doesn't look like anything new. You can already buy the bikini top with the fastback rear panel or the same top with the cargo rear panel. It just looks like they're allowing you to buy the bikini top with both the fastback and cargo rear panels so you can swap them whenever you want.
My understanding is that you have to buy the cargo top and then the fast back is an add-on for extra money. That is one of the big reasons I'm staying away from them. I don't want to pay the extra $s for the parts I don't want. And I'm sure I don't want the cargo top.

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is that you have to buy the cargo top and then the fast back is an add-on for extra money. That is one of the big reasons I'm staying away from them. I don't want to pay the extra $s for the parts I don't want. And I'm sure I don't want the cargo top.
This is the quote I got when I bought mine. I chose the fastback windows and it came to $932.00 after $95 shipping. I did not have to purchase the cargo windows too. So, I think there is some sort of miscommunication there.

Top ( with hardware ) 549.00 usd

Fastback windows 288.00 usd
Cargo windows 326.00 usd​

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
This is the quote I got when I bought mine. I chose the fastback windows and it came to $932.00 after $95 shipping. I did not have to purchase the cargo windows too. So, I think there is some sort of miscommunication there.

Top ( with hardware ) 549.00 usd

Fastback windows 288.00 usd
Cargo windows 326.00 usd​
Hmm...
This is for my 2 door, FYI.
But you may be right. I originally thought I would have to buy the top, which I thought came with the cargo parts for the 2 door (quoted at $519). And then add the windows for making it a fastback (quoted at $288).
The other thing was I asked them specifically if I could buy just the top and fastback. They stopped responding when I started talking about saving money.
So at this point I can pay $807 for a 2 door fastback suntop that looks ridiculous, or $750 for the bestop trektop nx.
Unfortunately, what I really want is the mopar premium 2 door top. But damn, $1,800! That's a tough one.
Anyway I do like the look of the suntop on the 4 door. So you'll probably be happy with it.
Sponsored