Sponsored

Anyone experiencing Trim Popping Up Issues on the 2023 Rubicons?

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
So, I took 4 pictures as this is literally happeing on all 4 doors. Keep in mind, this Jeep is only 3 weeks old and I havent pulled anything apart yet. So this is what it looks like right from the factory. I am wondering if anyone has any insight into this, as my older JL Trim was always flush with the foot panel.

Should I take this to the dealer?

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG
Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Those trim pieces have never stayed in place over time for the two JLs I've owned/own.

It's actually a habit for me to just pop them in every now and then if I'm standing by the open door.

Full disclosure for my situation though, is I've had the trim panels removed a few times to route wires, etc. So, there is alway the chance I've warped them or compromised a clip or two... even though they always snap back in.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Never had that problem on either of my JLs, maybe its the photo, but those weld seams don't look neat and uniformed...(it may just be me)

OP
OP
jromanmd

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
No, the seams are definitely off. That's why I took a side picture. I just wanted the communities advice because I know the dealer is going to say its normal.

Sponsored

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You are looking way too close. It’s a Jeep.
Agree...if we were driving a BMW, MB, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc...I would be pissed...

OP
OP
jromanmd

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
@mwilk012 thanks that was helpful. Always one of your kind in forums.

I should add its 3 week old Jeep and the plastic trim all the way around the seat is popping out. But according to your logic, its a Jeep so who cares. Right?

Reactions: AFD

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't these just held in with double sided tape? Mine are aftermarket abd there are no holes for thes sill covers to snap into under them. Just 3M double sided tape.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Thanks...my compulsive side kicked in, so I had to take a look on mine 😆

EDIT: sorry for the grainy pics, my phone sucks lol

Drivers side on mine is a bit up, doesn't really bother me since it's in a spot that won't catch on anything getting in and out of it. It won't seat back down into place, but I'm not worried about it after seeing it 😅

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone experiencing Trim Popping Up Issues on the 2023 Rubicons? 20221103_142406

Passenger side is ok

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone experiencing Trim Popping Up Issues on the 2023 Rubicons? 20221103_142429

Both rear door trims were similar to yours, popped up a bit, but again nothing that was going to catch on something getting in and out.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So, I took 4 pictures as this is literally happeing on all 4 doors. Keep in mind, this Jeep is only 3 weeks old and I havent pulled anything apart yet. So this is what it looks like right from the factory. I am wondering if anyone has any insight into this, as my older JL Trim was always flush with the foot panel.

Should I take this to the dealer?

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone experiencing Trim Popping Up Issues on the 2023 Rubicons? 20221103_142429

100% typical.

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Believe mine looked the same. I never really pay attention unless I’m cleaning the inside of my jeep which i rarely do. I think I remember seeing this. It didn’t give me any cause for concern.

Nothing looked “broken”. 🤷🏽‍♀️

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Aren't these just held in with double sided tape? Mine are aftermarket abd there are no holes for thes sill covers to snap into under them. Just 3M double sided tape.
He's talking about the plastic trim between the top of the vertical part of the sill and the seat. He's outlined it in red in the photos

OP
OP
jromanmd

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks...my compulsive side kicked in, so I had to take a look on mine 😆

EDIT: sorry for the grainy pics, my phone sucks lol

Drivers side on mine is a bit up, doesn't really bother me since it's in a spot that won't catch on anything getting in and out of it. It won't seat back down into place, but I'm not worried about it after seeing it 😅

Passenger side is ok

Both rear door trims were similar to yours, popped up a bit, but again nothing that was going to catch on something getting in and out.
Thanks man, this was the whole reason I asked the questions on the forum - to see if others were experiencing this. I can tell you that its popping out to the point where something will catch on it sooner or later.

The other issue is that the plastic trim that continues to the left of the seat up near the Seat Belt is popping out too. It is almost as if one section wasn't fitted correctly and its causing a ripple effect. If that makes any sense...

Also nice to know there are others who look after their Jeeps!

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Thanks man, this was the whole reason I asked the questions on the forum - to see if others were experiencing this. I can tell you that its popping out to the point where something will catch on it sooner or later.

The other issue is that the plastic trim that continues to the left of the seat up near the Seat Belt is popping out too. It is almost as if one section wasn't fitted correctly and its causing a ripple effect. If that makes any sense...

Also nice to know there are others who look after their Jeeps!
I was tempted to pull the trim and see if it the tab that is popping up would fit underneath the pillar trim piece...basically switching the way the trims overlap each other, but I'm away from the house atm, so that will have to wait til I get home 😅

Yeah, yours seems a bit more offset than it is on mine, especially on the passenger side, on yours you can see how the trim piece is shifted a bit as well as popped up. Like it got kicked out of place during entry/exit or something.
Sponsored