First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I saw these while browsing Amazon for the MOPAR JEEP All Weather mats and these KIWI MASTER JL For Mats. They look identical minus the JEEP Branding. Has anyone actually ordered them and tried them?
Sponsored

deceal

First Name
Cecile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I just wrote a review, but yes, I'd recommend. Especially if you were like me and liked the mopar ones but aren't a fan of the red logos. I have been shopping for mats since I got my JL last month and nothing seemed worth it until I saw these last week. My priorities were 1) drain cutout, 2) heavy soft rubber that wouldn't potentially curl up on the edges like thinner, plasticy-feeling ones would over time, and 3) looked aesthetically pleasing, i.e. no logos that stuck out too much, preferably all black.

I'll just paste my review here (but I uploaded photos on Amazon:
"Took a chance on these because it looked like exactly what I wanted, the mopar mats without the red logo and upon zooming in on the photo, it did not appear to be "photoshopped." And I was not disappointed. I've seen the black logo jeep mats during a test drive and by comparison, these look identical. What you see in the product picture is what you get. Topographical map details with the little easter eggs. Even the maps on the backs to show you where in the car it goes and the grid and dot pattern are identical. The only things missing are the logos and the military jeep over the bump in the second row.

Fits like a glove and actually does snap on to the car's fittings, although without the satisfying click you get with the stock carpets. I looked at them closer (see pic) and it is a little different and not as neatly cut, but totally works. The front ones are tight against the sides so there are no cracks but the back ones are even better as they come up over the sides a little. They come packaged pretty well, and only the back left mat is slightly curved and isn't sitting flat, yet, hopefully gravity over time will help.

There is a cutout for the drainage feature, and it's pretty similar to the black logo factory mats, meaning it doesn't have the gray foam around the rim nor does it have the bridge across the cutout, which the updated mopar ones do. It fits, but I'm gonna use something to seal it better like I've seen done in a YouTube video. And the rubber plug that is underneath the carpet fits in the cutout, but not snuggly like you'd expect a rubber plug to be. It just kind of sits there, doesn't seem like it will pop off though unless you're really kicking it.

Lastly, there is 1 flaw. (Only reason why I gave 4 stars, although I would have given 4.5) The second row mats don't snap together nicely at all. I don't remember how well the ones I've seen during the test drive were, but the only place the mats fit loosely is over the backseat bump and regularly stepping on this part pulls the 2 mats apart too easily. The two mats "fit" together, as in the holes and everything line up perfectly, but they just don't stay together. Although, I like everything else about them so I've just got to come up with a DIY fix.

And as far as the material, it feels like a good quality rubber. It is soft and flexible like the jeep ones, although I didn't have a side by side comparison, just based off of memory. And compared to some pricey after market brands, I like that it doesn't have that thin, hard, plasticy feel to it. However, there were a couple minor imperfections (pictured).

All in all, would recommend. Great price for a more than decent product. I have been browsing all weather mats for my new JL for some time because there was always something about each option that I didn't like. And when these popped up, I was skeptical, obviously, but I'm happy I took the chance."

I'll add that the only mats I can compare them to are the ones from factory with the black logos that I've seen once during a test drive (so everything's based off memory) and my brother's Husky liners for a whole nother make and model. And I just got them today, so I haven't been able to really test them.

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
I bought these from amazon this week, also because I liked the lack of the red JEEP branding all over the mopar aftermarket ones. The front mats fit alright although I couldn't quite get the drain plugs to seat all the way down... and the back mat is not even close to fitting properly. There's a huge bump where the two pieces meet in the middle because they seem to be sized incorrectly. there's no way the little nubs are gonna keep the two pieces connected and it will never lay flat. These are getting sent back this weekend and I'll purchase one of the other options, leaning toward either the weathertech or maxliner.
Sponsored