Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Since when? Ground clearance is taken at the lowest point normally, but assuming they use any fixed point that is not the frame or body it will always only rise 1/2 the added tire height. look at a sport or sahara vs rubicon ground clearance. it is only 1" more, but 2" tire size difference. if the new recon edition gets 35" tires (actually less if a 315/70/17) it would only yield 1" more ground clearance.
You’re right. I stand corrected. I’ve edited my post.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
You’re right. I stand corrected. I’ve edited my post.
no worries! honestly I am stumped on this as the numbers are not aligning with a small lift and only 35s. 37" tires and Mopar lift on the other hand would be right there. I have a feeling this is pulling from the Raptor and Bronco. there will be a new package for the Rubicon for 35" tires etc, and then an "optional" package to gain the 4.88 gears and maybe 37" tires. it may only be 37" tires for 392 like a Raptor R or 37 or whatever it will be called. just having the ability to spec any wrangler with the 37" tires and 4.88 gears would allow the market leading / best in class titles, while offering a lower number for those with just 35" tires. just like today the sport is lower than a rubicon, but Jeep will advertise the Rubicon specs since its available.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
no worries! honestly I am stumped on this as the numbers are not aligning with a small lift and only 35s. 37" tires and Mopar lift on the other hand would be right there. I have a feeling this is pulling from the Raptor and Bronco. there will be a new package for the Rubicon for 35" tires etc, and then an "optional" package to gain the 4.88 gears and maybe 37" tires. it may only be 37" tires for 392 like a Raptor R or 37 or whatever it will be called. just having the ability to spec any wrangler with the 37" tires and 4.88 gears would allow the market leading / best in class titles, while offering a lower number for those with just 35" tires. just like today the sport is lower than a rubicon, but Jeep will advertise the Rubicon specs since its available.
That would leapfrog the Bronco and really make a splash. But that is a pretty aggressive package for a factory Wrangler and all the stock suspension components. And it hasn't been part of the leak.

It doesn't make sense. But why would they offer 4.88 gears for 35s? That doesn't make sense either.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That would leapfrog the Bronco and really make a splash. But that is a pretty aggressive package for a factory Wrangler and all the stock suspension components. And it hasn't been part of the leak.

It doesn't make sense. But why would they offer 4.88 gears for 35s? That doesn't make sense either.
Bronco Warthog will be announced relatively soon with 37s. So again that will force Jeep to finally give us the packages that we want.

The #1 and #2 suspension/tire upgrades for Wranglers are fitting 35s and 37s. Jeep never bothered due to lack of competition.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Ford can keep making announcements until Santa Claus turns blue. It won’t make any difference given the many ongoing issues and limitations Bronco production faces.

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
I officially withdraw any suggestions I may have made about the numbers being anything related to fuel mileage. 37" tires? Dealers are selling AEV packages with 37s for a long time. If they put on 37s, what gears do they need to get to a 100:1 crawl ratio? 5.13? And Jeep bought that new customization facility....

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else see @jeep tweet "40.4" today? Guesses as to what it means? 1624571097502

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I officially withdraw any suggestions I may have made about the numbers being anything related to fuel mileage. 37" tires? Dealers are selling AEV packages with 37s for a long time. If they put on 37s, what gears do they need to get to a 100:1 crawl ratio? 5.13? And Jeep bought that new customization facility....

1624571097502.png
It’s possible that you can’t get all of those numbers with the same Jeep.
It could go like this;
35’s get you 100:1 if you get 4:88 gears, 12.9” ground clearance is if you get 37s but the 100:1 is gone if you get that tire package. 🤷‍♂️

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
It could go like this;
35’s get you 100:1 if you get 4:88 gears, 12.9” ground clearance is if you get 37s but the 100:1 is gone if you get that tire package. 🤷‍♂️
100% think this is what it will be. makes sense from a marketing and production point of view.

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
It could go like this;

It's my understanding that tires are not considered in the crawl ratio equation. The manual trans gearing would be.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just hope it's not exclusive to upper trim levels, but based on rumors it might be. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow.

Sponsored

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
So they are going to factory install the Mopar 2" lift, add 4.88 gears, and 37" tires. And hopefully tweak the fender liners for a little more space. Why not? All the parts exist. It's what we already do.
Why let Ford take the crown when Jeep and suppliers have already done all the work to keep the crown? It's just a matter of factory assembling it, or even dealer assembling it.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So they are going to factory install the Mopar 2" lift, add 4.88 gears, and 37" tires. And hopefully tweak the fender liners for a little more space. Why not? All the parts exist. It's what we already do.
Why let Ford take the crown when Jeep and suppliers have already done all the work to keep the crown? It's just a matter of factory assembling it, or even dealer assembling it.
I totally agree. The big upside to factory installed is no tossing or reselling stock parts. Should hopefully bring down the investment a small amount.