Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Excited to see a upgraded Rubicon with lower gears and a little more height. But did they have to call the thing "Xtreme" Recon? Reminds me of the God Awful S-10 trucks from the early 00s 🤮
I have a feeling the name is not real. Maybe extreme Recon, but I bet GM still has Xtreme trademarked in case they want to bring it back. (I actually had an S10 and Blazer Xtreme lol)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Thdoors

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Excited to see a upgraded Rubicon with lower gears and a little more height. But did they have to call the thing "Xtreme" Recon? Reminds me of the God Awful S-10 trucks from the early 00s 🤮
😂😂😂My first vehicle I purchased (spanking new Army private) was a base model 90’ S-10…no ac, no stereo or power windows. They actually had that model at a dealership…in Texas. Paid 10 large before I got raped on financing. Just glad I don’t remember the rates was 😂

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
😂😂😂My first vehicle I purchased (spanking new Army private) was a base model 90’ S-10…no ac, no stereo or power windows. They actually had that model at a dealership…in Texas. Paid 10 large before I got raped on financing. Just glad I don’t remember the rates was 😂
Agreed, those rates are definitely worth forgetting, yikes. 😕

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
It's real. I've had the embargoed info sitting in my inbox since Monday.

I have a feeling the name is not real. Maybe extreme Recon, but I bet GM still has Xtreme trademarked in case they want to bring it back. (I actually had an S10 and Blazer Xtreme lol)

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
And between the two, that's a pretty strong tip that what we're talking about is the upcoming fleet average fuel economy. Towards the end of 2019, the EPA released guidelines for fleet fuel average requirements, which they called the SAFE standards, and they rolled back the previously published upcoming fleet standards.

Under the 2019 guidance, corporate fleets would have to have an average mileage of 40.4 by the Model Year (MY) 2026.

Now, those 2019 revisions are under review. The original standards which they replaced may possibly be re-imposed. If that were to be the case, a table similar to the following might be used:

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else see @jeep tweet "40.4" today? Guesses as to what it means? 1624457620285

Which has the "47.4" number as a fleet requirement beginning in 2025.
source: https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...ouse-gas-emissions-and-corporate-average-fuel

Note that this is an OLDER document, but that's exactly what's under review - whether earlier more stringent standards will be re-applied.

Sooooo, my guess continues to be that these cryptic tweets are hints at the future of jeeping which will need to be more fuel efficient.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else see @jeep tweet "40.4" today? Guesses as to what it means? 1624457007740

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
There's an update this morning:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else see @jeep tweet "40.4" today? Guesses as to what it means? 1624457007740
Both the Approach and Departure angles for a Rubicon are roughly 3 degrees less than those numbers. A small lift and 35" tires would definitely put a JLUR right about there and take bragging rights back from the Bronco.

Not thrilled with the trim name based on what @TXRubicon said, but badges are easy to remove :)

If this is available to order prior to end of year, and we get official details before my 2021 is built I will for sure cancel and order this. Starting to get excited now.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds to me Jeep is making shit up on Tweeter just to rain on Bronco’s parade.

Given how Ford has manipulated the flow of Bronco information, I think fair’s fair.

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
I'm a little surprised nobody else has published since Overland Expo already spilled the beans.
The link posted in this forum is for a cached version, and the original is now gone from Overland Expo's site. I think they accidentally posted it too early.
Sponsored