Sponsored

Anyone Else Scared the Earth is Going to Go Kablooey?

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I agree with most of your assertions, but I fear that forcing a transition by propping up inadequate technology will create inertia and actually stifle innovation. The artificial crisis created by choking off energy supply too soon before a viable solution runs the risk of misery, destabilization, and revolt. Just look at Sri Lanka, what happened in Texas last winter, etc. The industrial revolution was driven by technological advances, this ”transition” is being driven by ideology. That is a vastly different scenario. As an EV owner, I can tell you it is the stupidest thing ever to have almost half your mass due to energy storage. Not viable As a long term solution. Probably why the government paid me to buy it.
:triple like:

reminds me of the 'cash for clunkers' mess back in '08 & '09. what a waste of raw material, energy, and natural resources. what did it accomplish? if there are aliens watching us, they are laughing their green asses off
Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Sigh. Sorry guys, the world isn't going to end anytime soon. It's been around for something like 4 billion years and most likely will be around several more billion. Will humans be here is a different story. Considering that something like 99.9% of all species that have been on this world are now extinct says a lot. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Sigh. Sorry guys, the world isn't going to end anytime soon. It's been around for something like 4 billion years and most likely will be around several more billion. Will humans be here is a different story. Considering that something like 99.9% of all species that have been on this world are now extinct says a lot. Just my 2 cents.
I think I watch too many Marvel and DC Comics superhero shows/movies. 😂. Maybe we won’t end up ka-blooey but maybe we’ll all end up with superpowers after some sort of massive detonation with the Hadron Collider. 🤓 🤣

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I think I watch too many Marvel and DC Comics superhero shows/movies. 😂. Maybe we won’t end up ka-blooey but maybe we’ll all end up with superpowers after some sort of massive detonation with the Hadron Collider. 🤓 🤣
You are a funny guy. A lot of people are worried about the super collider. Just a side note, Stanford University is and has been operating a linner collider, accelerator for over 30 years. No problem.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You are a funny guy. A lot of people are worried about the super collider. Just a side note, Stanford University is and has been operating a linner collider, accelerator for over 30 years. No problem.
That you are aware of. 🤣

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I think I watch too many Marvel and DC Comics superhero shows/movies. 😂.
It's not so much watching too many movies.

It's not being able to separate fiction from reality. 😜
Sponsored