Sponsored

Anyone else interested in a GENESIS DUAL BATTERY KIT for their 3.0 Diesel?

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I have been contemplating the system but I am gas... Wanted to switch to diesel because everything else I have is diesel. production on things are so far behind for diesels I am wondering do I stop now on my gas build and just wait to find a diesel?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Compression-Ignition

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I have been contemplating the system but I am gas... Wanted to switch to diesel because everything else I have is diesel. production on things are so far behind for diesels I am wondering do I stop now on my gas build and just wait to find a diesel?
If you already run other diesel's, this is a no brainer to me.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
are you saying powering a fridge, for example, can be done as adequately with the stock dual battery system as the Genesis dual battery system? That seems hard to believe.
That's not at all what I said. I think you read into it what you want to use your dual battery for; not at all what I said or implied.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Not to derail this thread as I don’t have a diesel but do have a 2018 JLUS and recently went to the Genesis system and even though I don’t run a lot of accessories connected to the aux bat I just really like the Genesis Dual System and just having the extra power and having batteries that are easily accessible gives me piece of mind, I don’t use ESS and just have a winch tied to my auxiliary battery and occasionally use a compressor.

Maybe it’s a placebo affect but my JL seems to run better electrically with the new system

Last edited:

Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
That's not at all what I said. I think you read into it what you want to use your dual battery for; not at all what I said or implied.
@JeepVT

It's possible to power the fridge (among other things) with the stock set up. It will power a fridge for a daily driver with a modest commute-no issues. Camping is another story due to long stretches with no driving (i.e. charging).

Stopping for a couple of days with no solar charging will drain the battery to a point where the Jeep may or may not start. Let's say it starts up after running a fridge for a couple of days. Most likely we will see low voltage errors flash on the display. ESS will be disabled until the proper voltage is reached after charging, etc.

There has been success with using the 48v lithium battery in Wranglers with the etorque system. Step it down to 24v and most refrigerators will run on 24v. It's a more efficient electrical system and there's plenty of amps available. Charges up fast after startup.

We all get anxiety when we see red or orange messages flash on the display. Doesn't matter what it says. We just want it to be normal. The Genesis kit eliminates the low voltage scenarios and provides some peace of mind. Except the ESS error after 6 cycles with vehicles that have the small accessory battery under the bigger starting battery.

I'm looking forward to the diesel kit from genesis to get rid of that small motorcycle battery. For the reasons listed above plus it makes room for reservoirs on shocks like the teraflex falcon's. They wont fit with the small battery in the way.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Not want I wanted. Just read like that.
wasn’t reading into anything. Your post read like you didn’t think a dual set up was necessary because of the stock dual. No harm no foul. Merry Christmas!!

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Not want I wanted. Just read like that.

wasn’t reading into anything. Your post read like you didn’t think a dual set up was necessary because of the stock dual. No harm no foul. Merry Christmas!!
Gotcha. I was just saying that all I want in a dual battery system is the ability to start my Jeep even if one battery is drained. From what I understand, the secondary battery is dedicated to exactly that. But I could be wrong. (I'm sure that if someone on this forum knows, they'll jump in.)

If the small battery is enough to start the engine, then you could replace the stock primary battery with a deep cycle battery, and it becomes a "use it for whatever you want" battery. Fridge, lights, welder, Christmas tree, etc.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha. I was just saying that all I want in a dual battery system is the ability to start my Jeep even if one battery is drained. From what I understand, the secondary battery is dedicated to exactly that. But I could be wrong. (I'm sure that if someone on this forum knows, they'll jump in.)

If the small battery is enough to start the engine, then you could replace the stock primary battery with a deep cycle battery, and it becomes a "use it for whatever you want" battery. Fridge, lights, welder, Christmas tree, etc.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
I personally would have never relied on the factory aux to save my butt on low battery, once I started looking at the aux battery setup by FCA I disliked it and there were only a few ways to deal with it and the dual setup by Genesis seems to work for me as it gives me a pretty solid feeling it would keeping me going in my main crank battery dies.

As I have said I don’t actually have a lot of aux battery demands but just like having a built in boost in power running a 128 ah battery when they are connected so plenty of power and if the main gets pulled down if say I left my lights on or something on I have a full-size backup that can boost me if I have not pulled it down from using whats connected to it but all I have is a winch and portable compressor so no real load, I personally like this system since it isolates the batteries automatically so that’s a bonus as one less thing to worry about.
Sponsored