Sponsored

Anyone Else Having This Issue (Driving It Too Much)

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Not even 1.5 months and I have 4500 on the odometer. I drive it to the store, to Starbucks, to get my daughter from school, or just a head clearing ride after work (I work from home and just have to get out of the house after work). Pretty much any excuse to drive it. I have taken weekend trips to everywhere within a 5hr radius, pretty much every weekend. I bought it in August, so my strategy has been to make the most of the remaining warm/sunny days here in NY, since I missed having a jeep through June and July. This wouldn't be to bad but, it's a lease (don't do a lease you will regret the sh&% out of that). I figure during the cold days the mileage spike will even out since I don't see myself having a legitimate excuse/reason to drive it. However, for now if the sun is out and its not cold or raining, the top comes down and I'm headed someplace. BTW supposed to be 85 degrees today here in NY... Guess whose knocking off work early..!
Sponsored

Luvmejeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport. 2004 TJ
I'm at 22,6xx miles my 1st year of owning. No way could I do a lease. Ain't my 1st or 2nd etc Jeep either. I don't wanna drive anything else even if it's for 2 miles down the road,to work,running errands in town etc... everything else is boring

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I intend to hold on to my '18 JLUR for a long time. Indeed, I'd like to pass it on one day to my now 12 year old son. With that I set what I thought would be a reasonable goal of no more than 10k miles per year.

I am coming up on 1 year of ownership on 30 September 2019. Yesterday, 10 Sep 19, I only just now passed 5k miles! So I am doing far less miles than I expected. Not too big of a surprise I suppose. I don't commute in it, and I can't fit the wife and all the kiddos at once either. I'm happy that I'm keeping the miles low.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I intend to hold on to my '18 JLUR for a long time. Indeed, I'd like to pass it on one day to my now 12 year old son. With that I set what I thought would be a reasonable goal of no more than 10k miles per year.

I am coming up on 1 year of ownership on 30 September 2019. Yesterday, 10 Sep 19, I only just now passed 5k miles! So I am doing far less miles than I expected. Not too big of a surprise I suppose. I don't commute in it, and I can't fit the wife and all the kiddos at once either. I'm happy that I'm keeping the miles low.
I don't know how people do this. Every car I have ever had I have racked up the mile pretty quickly.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I traded in my 2019 JLUR after 8 months with 1,800 miles on it. I've had my 2020 a month now and I'm at 160 miles.

Everything is local to me...

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I bought mine last Friday, drove 300 miles home, took the doors and roof off and had a major wheeling weekend with a buddy and now it's not even been 5 days and I've got 1000 miles. I love it too much.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Im not doing to bad. I mean i have 5800 in 9 months of owning my jeep. But it is a weekend warrior as i have a company truck i drive home everyday. that poor thing racks up 20-40K a year

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Most of my mile have come from the weekend excursions. Gotta say it fills me with remorse every tile i hear someone tell me they have their Jeep and still have super low miles. Think I'm going to throw up now...:puke:

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I bought mine last Friday, drove 300 miles home, took the doors and roof off and had a major wheeling weekend with a buddy and now it's not even been 5 days and I've got 1000 miles. I love it too much.
Thank you brethren....

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I also have a mini coope that I like very much as well.. She's not seeing nearly the amount of miles that she was seeing.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
You are not alone in that regard. I've had my Jeep for about 8 months now. Its my daily and my 6 day per week commute is 15 miles round trip. That's a current total of 2880 miles going to work and back. I have to wait for the winter season to have more time on my hands to fill with camping/crawling trips. Until then, my baby hasn't been able to leave the 90ish x 13ish mile long island. She currently has 12k+ on the odometer. I'll leave it to that 10k extra miles to explain how much of an enjoyment it has been to own my first Wrangler. Cheers, guys and gals!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I don't know how people do this. Every car I have ever had I have racked up the mile pretty quickly.
My commute car has 300k miles since 2011, all at about 27 miles per gallon. I commute about 100 miles a day, so there was no way I was going to subject my Wrangler to that type of mileage, nor do I feel like spending all my free money on gas (averaging about 15 mph in the Jeep). Love the Jeep, but always intended to be a fun weekend (and weeknight) warrior, never primary transportation. When going on long road trips, unless there is a trail at the destination, I'm in my commuter again. Plus my 37s are on the way, even more reason to avoid unnecessary mileage.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I feel your pain... there are 3 issues here:

1) Leasing... almost always an issue lol...
2) You have a new jeep (you will use it more now due to the "new factor").
3) You have no alternative. I don't think anybody would have fun driving a car with 300k miles on it used to commute 100 miles a day!.

For number 1, the only way to fix this is to buy your jeep. For number 2, your miles will go down once you get used to the jeep and it isn't "new" anymore. Number 3, deal with it or buy a nicer commuter.

I have similar issues lol... I own my jeep, but I don't use it as my daily driver. I commute with a 2013 Toyota corolla base model (manual). I know I can drive that thing all day long and have 0 maintenance cost, I also get 37 MPG on the freeway. I am however planning on buying a Tesla so I have an alternative. The issue is, during the weekend or weeknights I can't touch that car, and all I want to do is drive my jeep with the top off.

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Not even 1.5 months and I have 4500 on the odometer. I drive it to the store, to Starbucks, to get my daughter from school, or just a head clearing ride after work (I work from home and just have to get out of the house after work). Pretty much any excuse to drive it. I have taken weekend trips to everywhere within a 5hr radius, pretty much every weekend. I bought it in August, so my strategy has been to make the most of the remaining warm/sunny days here in NY, since I missed having a jeep through June and July. This wouldn't be to bad but, it's a lease (don't do a lease you will regret the sh&% out of that). I figure during the cold days the mileage spike will even out since I don't see myself having a legitimate excuse/reason to drive it. However, for now if the sun is out and its not cold or raining, the top comes down and I'm headed someplace. BTW supposed to be 85 degrees today here in NY... Guess whose knocking off work early..!
I'm 2.5 months in on my new Jeep. My previous daily driver averaged 3 to 5K a year mileage. My commute is 8 miles one way.

I just left the dealership this morning for my first 5K mile service. Yeah. 5K miles in 2.5 months. Where the heck have I been going?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I'm 2.5 months in on my new Jeep. My previous daily driver averaged 3 to 5K a year mileage. My commute is 8 miles one way.

I just left the dealership this morning for my first 5K mile service. Yeah. 5K miles in 2.5 months. Where the heck have I been going?
Google and your phone know where
Sponsored