Sponsored

Anyone else having issues with Rockslide Engineering steps?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

I seem to be having issues and I can't get help from RSE albeit only sent emails so far because I was attaching pics. I will start calling this week.

First my step wouldn't come down solid. Once deployed it would still move pretty good. You can see in video. Then today the step will not close all the way, another video and pic. You can push it closed so there isn't any obstruction. Just won't stay all the way closed.

Anyone else having these issues and was it a simple fix. Would love some feedback as I would like to get them working properly.

pic.jpg
Sponsored

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Mine are working.. that sucks though. Def something with the actuator.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase

I seem to be having issues and I can't get help from RSE albeit only sent emails so far because I was attaching pics. I will start calling this week.

First my step wouldn't come down solid. Once deployed it would still move pretty good. You can see in video. Then today the step will not close all the way, another video and pic. You can push it closed so there isn't any obstruction. Just won't stay all the way closed.

Anyone else having these issues and was it a simple fix. Would love some feedback as I would like to get them working properly.

pic.jpg
So are you driving with them partially down? Can you push them flush into place?

I was thinking about getting these, but the price point is making me hesitant.

Thanks for posting, I'm very interested how it turns out and what the issue is.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For now I am driving with the driver side down an inch or so like the last pic. We will see what they say. I sent my first email 12/26 and have heard nothing. Been crazy at work but I will call them tomorrow and see if they have received any of my 3 emails with pics/video.

I was hoping someone here had similar issue and it was a quick fix, guess not.

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
I will say definitely give them a call. Their customer support from the people I know who have had to use it was very impressive. Still loving mine with no problems of note.

Sponsored

aj.strobbe

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I’m having the exact same issue, just on the passenger side tho. They won’t even work anymore. Have you found a solution?

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
I called them several times before I purchased and they answered every time and were quite helpful. I’ve read where others had issues with the actuators and RSE replaces without question under the warranty. They are also only shipping out a 2nd revision of the steps right now. Curious if the actuator was changed from version 1 to 2.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m having the exact same issue, just on the passenger side tho. They won’t even work anymore. Have you found a solution?
Their replies were going into my spam. I finally made contact. They said it was a lube issue and sent me a link to what silicone grease to use and where to spray. I did that and after a long while they are finally working. Did not work right away. I used a ton, probably 1/4 of the can and kept opening and closing. It got a little better. For the next several days I used the grease and finally about a week later they started to work and lock into place as they should.

Good luck.

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
I am having this trouble with my steps right now. They told me to lube them, but I did not get any details on that. can you share the link for what grease to use and how to do it?

thanks

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am having this trouble with my steps right now. They told me to lube them, but I did not get any details on that. can you share the link for what grease to use and how to do it?

thanks
Sent you a PM

Sponsored

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
thank you, I replied to your PM with email add...

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am having a similar issue with driver side. Can you send me the info as well please. Thanks in advance.
Yep send me a PM with email. I will try to figure out this weekend as well how to get the video posted on here.

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
Yep send me a PM with email. I will try to figure out this weekend as well how to get the video posted on here.
Hi sorry I’m new here. How do you send pm lol...?

Sven

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, I have owned two sets of these steps (they shipped me a replacement set) and while Lynn with Rockslide Engineering has provided excellent customer service, I am afraid their products are not designed for winter. Their actuators can't handle snow build up in the steps, they get bound-up and fail. In the 3+ years of ownership, I had them stuffed into place with the switch turned off for at least 2 years - they just can't keep them working.

The powder coat finish sloughs-off after a single winter of use, despite weekly carwashes. I owned a front stubby bumper, a rear bumper with tire carrier and two sets of the step sliders, and I will not order another Rockslide Engineering product. They are poorly engineered.
Sponsored