Sponsored

Anyone else having issues with push button start?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Happened to me twice today. Went out into the Jeep to take my father to lunch and it wouldn't start. Had to press the unlock button on the FOB a couple of times and then it started. Same thing happened after lunch. Just a little bit frustrating. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

JayO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 JL Sport S, 2015 RR Sport
Normally, I get in the Jeep, step on the brake, push the button and everything works as it should. But, over the last few weeks, every once in a while, I'll get in and step on the brake and notice the pedal doesn't really depress. When this happens the Jeep never starts when the button is pushed. I'm assuming (and just realizing this as I type) the vehicle doesn't realize the brake is being depressed and, therefore, won't start. When this happens, I'll have to push the button, basically turning the key to "Aux" or "On", then try another time or two before the engine starts.
No idea why this is happening all of a sudden.

ember_season

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Normally, I get in the Jeep, step on the brake, push the button and everything works as it should. But, over the last few weeks, every once in a while, I'll get in and step on the brake and notice the pedal doesn't really depress. When this happens the Jeep never starts when the button is pushed. I'm assuming (and just realizing this as I type) the vehicle doesn't realize the brake is being depressed and, therefore, won't start. When this happens, I'll have to push the button, basically turning the key to "Aux" or "On", then try another time or two before the engine starts.
And also, just pushing hard on the brake pedal will do it too.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Enter jeep, apply brake--push button/release and let the system "ARM", wait a couple seconds push button again and hold for start-

Works for me

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did this for the first time today????

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I had this happen when the doors were off and I assumed it was because I didn't unlock. I have noticed it constantly says the fob has left the vehicle when it's in my pocket.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Has happened 3 times for me now. Once at the dealership 8 miles on odometer. A few weeks later then Today two months old. Not sure if stomping the $h!t out of the breaks or 100000 pushes of start got it going but wow was I pissed. Glad it was not my wife and son in it. Have a call from the service manager in the morning will follow up if I get any info. My sales guy did answer me withen a min of my text he easily could have blown me off but cudos to Brian at McKinney Dodge inTX for answering a message he knew was not gonna be a good one!!!

Sponsored

PanthersFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Has happened 3 times for me now. Once at the dealership 8 miles on odometer. A few weeks later then Today two months old. Not sure if stomping the $h!t out of the breaks or 100000 pushes of start got it going but wow was I pissed. Glad it was not my wife and son in it. Have a call from the service manager in the morning will follow up if I get any info. My sales guy did answer me withen a min of my text he easily could have blown me off but cudos to Brian at McKinney Dodge inTX for answering a message he knew was not gonna be a good one!!!
Was there a solution to your problem? We just bought a used 2018 Sahara with 17K miles and the next day this problem happened. Again the next day but not on day 3. Its back at the dealer while they try to "recreate" the problem...which they are saying they are unable to do.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Was there a solution to your problem? We just bought a used 2018 Sahara with 17K miles and the next day this problem happened. Again the next day but not on day 3. Its back at the dealer while they try to "recreate" the problem...which they are saying they are unable to do.
I did not have remote start problem just figured out had to depress break peddle harder than most push to start vehicles. Have not had any problems starting it since figuring it out. Hope you get it figured out, the Jeep is a blast once it starts!

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
My issue is the opposite! I stop, put the Jeep in park, pull on the hand brake. Then I push the button to stop the motor. My foot is on the brake so it goes to accessories! I have learnt to take my foot off the brake.

My wife's Mini Cooper does the same thing :)
Sponsored