Anyone else have a two-tone JL?

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I love the fact that FCA is providing opportunities to the visually impaired — maybe not in the paint booth, though?

Anyone else’s body panels look somewhat diverse?

s4apuh.jpg
Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Wow. Mine is silver which is a pretty easy color to pick apart. I can usually tell the differences between the same color laid on different materials. Mine is pretty consistent. I am guessing that yours may have been damaged during shipping or at the dealership and they had a blind painter repair it.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I love the fact that FCA is providing opportunities to the visually impaired — maybe not in the paint booth, though?

Anyone else’s body panels look somewhat diverse?

s4apuh.jpg
Yeah. Granite has been like that for years. For some reason, the plastic parts with granite doesn't give off the brownish tints like the metal do. It's a granite problem.

OP
OP

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
The other side is a lot closer than this side.

I went through this with my Pathfinder. They paint body panels in separate batches with paint that comes in huge drums. If you're not constantly agitating the paint before and during painting, everything settles. The exact same paint batch will look completely different at the beginning than it does at the end. Manufacturers have body shop variation tiles that help account for differences when repainting. I've just never seen it this different. This is one of those side effects of rushed production, I think.

When picking parts at the factory, the assemblers are supposed to grab parts that match. Looks like my guy was in a hurry.

I considered bringing it up to the dealership but I'm not sure I'm up for the aggravation. The thought of attempting to communicate with those guys makes me want to crawl back into bed. I can only hear, "oh, that's just a Jeep thing," so many times before I snap. Trying to limit it to 8 times per month. Doing well.
Sponsored