Sponsored

Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this?

OP
OP
inn8ive

inn8ive

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Technical Director
Vehicle Showcase
Glad yours is under warranty, Mine is not, and its going to cost me 1000 to get it fixed. Car is somewhat undrive-able because the radio changes from FM, to XM to Am every 8 seconds. I cant even turn it off, i just turn volume down and listen to my thoughts
Gosh that's a bummer. This should be a recall. I'm assuming since the dealership hasn't gotten my new radio in after almost 8 weeks that the demand is high and the supply is low. My radio has also been pressing random buttons when driving. The other day on a long commute, it started calling random people in my address book and was VERY distracting and somewhat scary going 70mph on the freeway. It's a safety issue, for sure. Now I have to drive with the radio OFF. Pretty inconvenient since I do make business calls during my commute. Not a good look for Jeep here.
Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Glad yours is under warranty, Mine is not, and its going to cost me 1000 to get it fixed. Car is somewhat undrive-able because the radio changes from FM, to XM to Am every 8 seconds. I cant even turn it off, i just turn volume down and listen to my thoughts
Time to trade it in to the dealer that wants to charge you 1k to fix it. Shit spot to be in. I’d be pissed.

AndrewW007

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
Time to trade it in to the dealer that wants to charge you 1k to fix it. Shit spot to be in. I’d be pissed.
I would trade it in, and I am thinking about it, but I dont think after this (had a wranger for years and loved it) I could buy another jeep product.

AndrewW007

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
Gosh that's a bummer. This should be a recall. I'm assuming since the dealership hasn't gotten my new radio in after almost 8 weeks that the demand is high and the supply is low. My radio has also been pressing random buttons when driving. The other day on a long commute, it started calling random people in my address book and was VERY distracting and somewhat scary going 70mph on the freeway. It's a safety issue, for sure. Now I have to drive with the radio OFF. Pretty inconvenient since I do make business calls during my commute. Not a good look for Jeep here.
No, not a good look at all. How do you have a radio that can potentially distract you from driving? It should be a recall, or Jeep should at least offer some kind of discount on a replacement. I kick my self for not getting extended warranty but took me so long to make my deal the dealer was closing and I was being rushed through paperwork process. Im a Jeep fan, but after this, I may never drive one again. Have you seen the new Ford Bronco coming out............................it may kill Jeep

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I've been waiting about a month for mine. Hopefully it comes soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
inn8ive

inn8ive

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Technical Director
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership called and my radio is in. Getting it replaced tomorrow. Hopefully this is a good sign for those waiting for a replacement. Will update the group. They're also fixing a couple other issues, clicking front end, rattling exterior mirrors. The dealership has been great thus far to deal with. New Smyrna Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Dealership called and my radio is in. Getting it replaced tomorrow. Hopefully this is a good sign for those waiting for a replacement. Will update the group. They're also fixing a couple other issues, clicking front end, rattling exterior mirrors. The dealership has been great thus far to deal with. New Smyrna Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram.
My dealer sucks... Took 6 days to even look at it (after setting up an appointment a week in advance). Then they said the part was backordered and to come get the jeep and take it back in when the part arrives. My paperwork says it's backordered and supposed to arrive on the 8th, of August. That obviously didn't happen. I called a couple of days ago to check on the status. They were supposed to call me back but nothing. I understand that a part being backordered isn't on them, but they have horrible communication and customer service. Once this comes in, I'll be going to another dealer for future issues. Oh, this is a picture of mine. It started as a small spot in the upper left corner.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this? 0904201436a_HDR~2

themattparty

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Dealer was going to charge to fix it. Didn’t even bother taking it in. Unfortunately I’m trading it in. Sucks it came to this. Too many issues with this thing.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Dropped mine off this morning after it took 60 days to get the back ordered part in. Not a big deal as it rarely gets driven. Mentioned the steering box TSB. See how it goes.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Feels great to have a screen that doesn’t look like shit in a 45k Wrangler.

Sponsored

Martin1128

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara
For those that have gotten the screen replaced has it happened again? Just asking to see if its actually a fixed issue since it seems like its occuring in other FCA products from Durango to Hellcats.

20201011_180525.jpg

Wendy219

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Compass
Hi everyone,
The same the same thing has happen to my 2018 Jeep Compass, only now the screen began to glitch... Other than the moisture problem, has anyone experienced the screen repeatedly switching functions on its own?

Martin1128

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara
Hi everyone,
The same the same thing has happen to my 2018 Jeep Compass, only now the screen began to glitch... Other than the moisture problem, has anyone experienced the screen repeatedly switching functions on its own?
Yes had it replaced under my extended warranty but had to pay a deductible. They know about it. Service guy had a stack of them on order

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
I've got a coworker with a Renegade that has been waiting on a replacement Uconnect 7" for a couple of months now, so it's not just the Wrangler guys/gals who are waiting.