Sponsored

Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this?

Martin1128

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara
The only problem I see is the replacement part has the same part number. So technically it could happen again but so far so good for me.
Sponsored

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
This issue is just starting on mine. Unfortunately I have 58,000 miles on my JL. If it’s being seen across the board I would hope the dealer would replace the screen. Any thoughts?

Martin1128

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara
This issue is just starting on mine. Unfortunately I have 58,000 miles on my JL. If it’s being seen across the board I would hope the dealer would replace the screen. Any thoughts?
Don't think so since recalls are usually for safety issues. Luckily we got the extended warranty. It sucks because FCA know its an issue on a lot of their vehicles. Its our first FCA product but we still love the jeep. Must be a jeep thing lol

Wmill71201

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I thought this de-lamination was just my screen protector. I took it off the other day and realized it's the screen.
I have a 2018, out of warranty :mad:

Darin50

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep compass Limited
yes my 2018 jeep compass limited does the same thing it jumps from on function to another. Need to take it to the dealer ship and see what they can do
Hi everyone,
The same the same thing has happen to my 2018 Jeep Compass, only now the screen began to glitch... Other than the moisture problem, has anyone experienced the screen repeatedly switching functions on its own?

Sponsored

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Unfortunately, I now have this problem too. Like many it started in a small spot in the top left corner. Obviously a defect. What’s worse is I’m out of warranty. Has anyone bought a new unit recently? Curious on what the price is. But also concerned that it’ll just happen again. Searching the internet it appears to be happing to all Chrysler cars with a similar touch screen.

TeleJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6sp M
My JLU Sahara has 32k miles and my 8.4 Uconnect digitizer is delaminating from the top down. It now prompts me to set the time over and over. This is an annoying safety issue while driving. 3/36 warranty is up but have extended 7/100 MaxCare Mopar plan. Dealer is so covered up they can’t make an appointment until March. Is this something I could order the part and repair myself?

Last edited:

TeleJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6sp M
The dealer checked out the delaminating screen on my 8.4 Uconnect, I have 32k miles in my 2018 Sahara. They ordered a new unit and will swap it when it arrives. The 3/36 has expired but I have the 7/100 Max care. I don’t know if the deductible will be waived…

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer checked out the delaminating screen on my 8.4 Uconnect, I have 32k miles in my 2018 Sahara. They ordered a new unit and will swap it when it arrives. The 3/36 has expired but I have the 7/100 Max care. I don’t know if the deductible will be waived…
Did they mention anything about the warranty during your initial visit? I've had the same problem for a year or so now but I always thought it was my screen protector that was bubbling out or something until I took it off. I have 52k miles but have the lifetime warranty so I am hoping it gets covered with my deductible at least. I contacted @JeepCares but they haven't responded to me yet.

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I took it in today at 52k miles but have lifetime warranty. The service guy hit me with the "oh yea its covered under warranty with your $100 deductible but Chrysler doesn't want to pay the core fee, which is $1000, you will have to pay." WTF??!!!! So I contacted Chrysler and they said they were not aware of any $1000 fee... SO now I have been going back and forth

TeleJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6sp M
Update on my UConnect 8.4 display failure now resolved.:

Bad News/Good News about UConnect 8.4. Bad news, screen separated, phantom touch screen button presses became a constant problem and annoyance. Good news, dealer just replaced my radio under my Mopar extended warranty (after paying a deductible, your service plan may differ, so check with your dealership for specific coverage).There's more good news, with the replaced radio (or its later version of code, possibly available on the old failed radio), there's now an option in "Settings" to turn off the Auto-On-Comfort feature on my 6-sp Manual Sahara! So whenever the temperature is below 40F, I don't have to play dash-button-gymnastics to turn of my heated driver's seat (4 presses) and the heated steering wheel (1 press). Now all I press is the Auto-Stop-Start cancel button (once each startup). Also kudos to my local dealership in Florence, KY, it took a while to get it scheduled and get parts, but they got it done. They also told me up front to be prepared to reconfigure the radio (Bluetooth pairing), radio presets, etc.

Last edited:

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
Update on my UConnect 8.4 display failure now resolved.
Glad to hear it! I may have scratches from the PO's Lee Press-On Nails. Or is it delamination? I'll put it on my next visit.

I took it in today at 52k miles but have lifetime warranty. The service guy hit me with the "oh yea its covered under warranty with your $100 deductible but Chrysler doesn't want to pay the core fee, which is $1000, you will have to pay." WTF??!!!! So I contacted Chrysler and they said they were not aware of any $1000 fee... SO now I have been going back and forth
Sounds like Chicago. Spent years in Joliet. How'd it turn out?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear it! I may have scratches from the PO's Lee Press-On Nails. Or is it delamination? I'll put it on my next visit.

Sounds like Chicago. Spent years in Joliet. How'd it turn out?
I was giving the dealer a week to get back to me. I checked in last Friday and they said they were busy but they will call back. Going to give them a call now as a matter of fact.

But yes, man idk why they're like that.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I was giving the dealer a week to get back to me. I checked in last Friday and they said they were busy but they will call back. Going to give them a call now as a matter of fact.

But yes, man idk why they're like that.
So I called the service adviser and he didn't answer. I then called Mopar Extended Warranty, and now they are saying they won't cover it because they only cover the radio and not the screen. I don't understand why they pick and choose. I mean, obviously other people are getting it replaced with the $100 deductible for the same reason, which is the delamination of the screen :angry:
Sponsored