Anyone else get flicked a lot by incoming traffic

debjl2018

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I have a 2018 JL sport, stock headlights. I do a lot of night driving. At least once a night, sometimes more, and sometimes even during the day, I get flicked by oncoming traffic, evidently they think I have my high beams on. Not using the fog lamps either, just low beams. Anyone else? I usually ignore, sometimes I think “oh you think these are bright, how about these” and I flash my high beams :CWL:
Sponsored

318Polara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2dr
I have a 2018 JL sport, stock headlights. I do a lot of night driving. At least once a night, sometimes more, and sometimes even during the day, I get flicked by oncoming traffic, evidently they think I have my high beams on. Not using the fog lamps either, just low beams. Anyone else? I usually ignore, sometimes I think “oh you think these are bright, how about these” and I flash my high beams :CWL:
Search forum to adjust headlights very easy also check youtube.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If it's happening that often then you need to adjust your lights.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If it's happening that often then you need to adjust your lights.
Especially since the stock halogens are so dim, this has to be the case.

OP, do you have a lift on your Jeep?

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I have the non led lights. Get flashed occasionally. Pretty sure they are just trying to get me to turn my headlights on, not realizing that all 16 lumens are shining.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I have the non led lights. Get flashed occasionally. Pretty sure they are just trying to get me to turn my headlights on, not realizing that all 16 lumens are shining.
Lol yeah this is not us!

tenor.gif

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I get flashed occasionally but I figure it's because of the lift/tires physically raising the headlights. If people insist on keeping their brights to try and blind me, I just flick on my light bar and that usually makes people back down :CWL:

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of light bars and blinding, theres a truck I encounter most every morning on my way to work, it's a jacked up F250 superduty, has LED headlights, LED fog Lights, a lightbar under the front bumper and a lightbar above the cab, and he drives with them all on. IT IS BLINDING.

I am temped to get a laser pointer or super bright spotlight to shine in HIS eyes, mainly because using an RPG is illegal.

GTXcellent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Plymouth GTX, 1988 F150 (beater farm truck), 2012 F150 SuperCrew, 2016 Chevrolet SS, 2018 JLU Rubicon
All the damn time! I've come to the conclusion that it's because the headlights are physically closer together due to the inherent, classic design of the Wrangler. Even though the lights aren't that bright, on-coming traffic thinks your brights are on.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Speaking of light bars and blinding, theres a truck I encounter most every morning on my way to work, it's a jacked up F250 superduty, has LED headlights, LED fog Lights, a lightbar under the front bumper and a lightbar above the cab, and he drives with them all on. IT IS BLINDING.

I am temped to get a laser pointer or super bright spotlight to shine in HIS eyes, mainly because using an RPG is illegal.
Oh I love stopping those cool dudes.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Used to get it a lot with my leds, they were probably out of adjustment. After putting on the winch, flashes are rare. I guess the weight pulled front end down, so I’m not worried about it.

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 73 CJ5, 07 Electra Glide
I get it multiple times a night with my LED’s. I can’t help but laugh then educate them on what a real bright led looks like.
I am going to check the alignment now that it has been mentioned.
Sponsored