Sponsored

Anyone else get a call from FCA offering $ to data log?

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
248-406-1461 - call was from West Bloomfield, MI. I get calls for work from all over so I assumed it was business related.
Thank you, I'll be on the lookout for that one. I would be interested to be a guinea pig for that.
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
It’s either Jeep is trying to understand how Wranglers are used by their owners, and maybe even specific to model, or if there is a datalogger, they are trying to get data on their junk tune they put on the vehicle. Oh, here I go about their tune again.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Didn't someone post what we all decided was a GPS tracker that they found inadvertently from the dealership? A little 4" long black box looking device? I bet this is what that was. At least you were given the option however...
this is not cool at all. if I found that in my vehicle I would be so pissed off. maybe if you lease it they can sneak it in the lease agreement. but holy hell, I would lawyer up so fast if I found that.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I didn't get that call, but my Dealer sent me a check for $427 bucks for my jeep NOT HAVING THE BRAKE ALERT SYSTEM installed-

Of course I hadn't said a word--they just didit--

W.E.

JIMBO
What's the "brake alert system"???

Sponsored

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I'd take $600!!!!

Call me FCA!!!!!!

:please:
Amen! Call me too FCA! You can log my trips to work, the liquor store, trails, etc. hopefully the data helps you figure out whatever you are trying to figure out. Me, imma get some rails with that $$$.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Amen! Call me too FCA! You can log my trips to work, the liquor store, trails, etc. hopefully the data helps you figure out whatever you are trying to figure out. Me, imma get some rails with that $$$.
I'm all about this...lemme get @JeepCares upin here!

Tryna get a rear steel bumper wit dat cash!

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I'm all about this...lemme get @JeepCares upin here!

Tryna get a rear steel bumper wit dat cash!
That rear bumper could save a life if you get rear-ended!!! Come on FCA!!!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Heck I would take the $$$ so tell FCA to call me

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It’s either Jeep is trying to understand how Wranglers are used by their owners, and maybe even specific to model, or if there is a datalogger, they are trying to get data on their junk tune they put on the vehicle. Oh, here I go about their tune again.
I agree. If it's legit, then what they are trying to do is determine how Wranglers are actually used, how often they are taken to offroad trails, and how many miles Wrangler owners are putting on compared to "standard" SUVs. This data will surely be used when designing future JL powertrains and perhaps later down the road used to design the next all-new Wrangler.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
this is not cool at all. if I found that in my vehicle I would be so pissed off. maybe if you lease it they can sneak it in the lease agreement. but holy hell, I would lawyer up so fast if I found that.
The device in question is MOPAR EVTS. Some dealers install them and try to get you to buy it and the hook is to get you to sign up for service after the complimentary period. If you don't want it, it isn't worth it for them to remove it. From what I have been told, it isn't active, unless you activate it. Have had them on a couple Jeep's, because the dealer threw it in. I always let it expire after the 1st year. It's just like lojack.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I think it's another COMPUTER controlled "GOODIE"--

Supposed to be a pulsating rear brake light, maybe the center one over the spare tire--

Heh Heh, my salesman said--"np big deal"

--I'd just keep the money--YUP
What's the "brake alert system"???
W.E.

JIMBO

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
The device in question is MOPAR EVTS. Some dealers install them and try to get you to buy it and the hook is to get you to sign up for service after the complimentary period. If you don't want it, it isn't worth it for them to remove it. From what I have been told, it isn't active, unless you activate it. Have had them on a couple Jeep's, because the dealer threw it in. I always let it expire after the 1st year. It's just like lojack.
A mopar elvis would be intolerable .