Sponsored

Anyone else find the headrests intrusive?

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
One platform for many different body types. Issues are bound to surface.
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Not everyone is built exactly the same with respect to our body types. Some people have wider shoulders, longer necks, broader backs, longer torsos, etc. As such, a common platform obviously is not a one size fits all.

On a side note, physical condition or lack of may also play a part.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I am over 22K miles and the annoyance of the head rests are still an issue. I am going to have to bend the bars so I get an extra inch. I think I have tried every possible seat position possible. People with pony tails or clips in their hair have the biggest issue. Wearing a baseball cap is not really comfortable in the JL. Then again...it could be my large head... or I am out side of the design profile.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I am over 22K miles and the annoyance of the head rests are still an issue. I am going to have to bend the bars so I get an extra inch. I think I have tried every possible seat position possible. People with pony tails or clips in their hair have the biggest issue. Wearing a baseball cap is not really comfortable in the JL. Then again...it could be my large head... or I am out side of the design profile.
Hopefully, you are able to fix the seat to suit you.

Granted, the Jeep’s seats have limited to no adjustability to suit everyone. Years ago, I opted for an 18 way adaptive seats for one of my cars. It was important to me for long trips and on the track.

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
Feels a bit silly for my first post, but I guess I need to start somewhere. The front headrests in the JLUR seem to be angled toward the front to such a degree that it is causing my wife some back/neck pain. I looked at them (probably for the first time) and see that they are far from straight up and down (with respect to the seatback) or tilted slightly forward. They are really fwd.

I checked the manual to see if there was a way to adjust the headrest angle but it is fixed in this position.

I understand the purpose of the headrest to prevent serious head/neck injury via whiplash, but it seems a bit too far IMO...

Anyone else notice this or have a family member bring this up, or is this just me. Anyone have a solution in mind? I thought about maybe checking out a headrest from a JK to see if it fits and if so, maybe having it done in black leather w/ red stitching to match the seats...

I'm sure alot of you will laugh this one off, but at least I didn't call it a car...
:)
I feel the same way. my ford fusion is even worse!

Sponsored

dms541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Totally agree. This isn't a matter of size/weight. It's only the people that are on the extreme short or extreme tall end of the spectrum this might not affect. Anyone whose head touches the headrest will have their neck bent at an extreme angle in a collision. Whether or not a person finds the headrest "comfortable" in normal operation is besides the point.

5'10", 190lbs

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Who drives with the seat upright other than my grandma? I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone agrees with you.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Totally agree. This isn't a matter of size/weight. It's only the people that are on the extreme short or extreme tall end of the spectrum this might not affect. Anyone whose head touches the headrest will have their neck bent at an extreme angle in a collision. Whether or not a person finds the headrest "comfortable" in normal operation is besides the point.

5'10", 190lbs
I don't think you understand what happens in a collision. Whiplash is the number 1 cause of injury/death. All auto manufacturers are building headrests with more of a forward angle than ever. I'm 5'8", headrest doesn't bother me at all. My mother-in-law's CRV has terrible headrests and I can't stand to drive it.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you understand what happens in a collision. Whiplash is the number 1 cause of injury/death. All auto manufacturers are building headrests with more of a forward angle than ever. I'm 5'8", headrest doesn't bother me at all. My mother-in-law's CRV has terrible headrests and I can't stand to drive it.
you are not kidding about the CRV. we planned to lease one, one drive and my wife and I were both amazed at the headrest. they are horrible.

the Wrangler is not great either, and the back ones suck if you have kids in a car seat. but they are much better than the CRV.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
you are not kidding about the CRV. we planned to lease one, one drive and my wife and I were both amazed at the headrest. they are horrible.

the Wrangler is not great either, and the back ones suck if you have kids in a car seat. but they are much better than the CRV.
Must be a seat position thing. I don't think my head even touches the head restraint.
Sponsored