Anyone else excited for Monday - Wrangler production resuming

Bob L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 03
How did y’all find out Jeep plant was shut down? Been waiting since February for my JL order
Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
According to their profile they are in Canada. From other posts on here it sounds like Canadian orders are taking forever.
Hmmm, good catch. Wonder if that's it? Would probably be worth a trip to the lower 48 to get one then! I think they're cheaper here as well. If you did that and drove it home, would you have an import tax or something?

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
How did y’all find out Jeep plant was shut down? Been waiting since February for my JL order
It was posted in various places and there were articles on it. It was supposedly just for routine maintenance and upgrades.

Sponsored

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Hmmm, good catch. Wonder if that's it? Would probably be worth a trip to the lower 48 to get one then! I think they're cheaper here as well. If you did that and drove it home, would you have an import tax or something?
you may have issues with warranty support importing to or from Canada

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Two weeks ago we ordered two more Gladiator Sports for our tour business. I have to schedule the conversion with our vendors, when I inquired about the delivery date I was told November.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Two weeks ago we ordered two more Gladiator Sports for our tour business. I have to schedule the conversion with our vendors, when I inquired about the delivery date I was told November.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else excited for Monday - Wrangler production resuming tenor (3)

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
It is common for most automotive production locations to have a once a year shutdown for maintenance.

Assuming you are in the US and didn't order a 392, your order should be in by now. It is rare that an order would more than 60 days. Beside 392, no options available in February should have delayed your Jeep this long. I would check with your dealer. I would suspect that either they didn't put the order in or or it came in and they sold it.

Jeepgirl77ca

First Name
Kari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If you ordered in March you need to contact both your dealer and Jeep chat to have your order escalated. I can't believe you don't have yours yet... MARCH?!?! There are people who ordered in late May & early June who just took delivery of theirs. Your dealer needs to get some answers for you, like what's the status and did they even put your order in? Please tell us your dealer at least gave you a VON & VIN#? They need to provide you with your POC (Priced Order Confirmation). That will give you your order date, VON, VIN, and details of your order. If you have those and your order date, Jeep Chat can help you for sure. If not, start with your dealer. Good luck, we're here to help if possible.

Thank you for reaching out. I really appreciate it..

I’ve contacted the dealership and the sales guy I dealt with. I was told my Jeep was shipped to body vendor.. and it should be here in 6 weeks. I’m not sure what body vendor means so I’ll teaser hopefully that. I did get a VIN #.

I’m will holding my breath on the the time they have told me. Just because anything is possible at this point. I’ve heard once it’s built my issue will be the delivery…so we shall see.. this is really teaching me patience thats For sure..

yes, I’m Canadian from Vancouver B.C and our orders have been taking anywhere from 4-6 months. That’s what I have seen With my research.

Thank you for all who have replied I don’t feel so alone in this wait.

Sponsored

Jeepgirl77ca

First Name
Kari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes, I’m from Vancouver Canada.. and I’ve read the same thing.. Canadian orders take way longer than US…
Trust me, if I could get across the border. I would fly down and drive my Jeep home.. sounds like a great road trip… until then I’ll be patient and wait…

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Man, they need to get my Jeep DONE.

I keep eyeballing the forum and I'm convincing myself mine with have loose fuses, hinge bubbles, the freedom tops will leak, my 2.0 will sound like a diesel and the service light will come on before I get it home.

Now tonite I read I might only get 1 key with it. Arrgghh

Other recent Wrangler picker-uppers, did you get 2 fobs at delivery?

Jeepgirl77ca

First Name
Kari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Whenever I get my Jeep.. I’ll let you know how many keys I get.. but I probably won’t get my Jeep until September

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Whenever I get my Jeep.. I’ll let you know how many keys I get.. but I probably won’t get my Jeep until September
When I saw it I chuckled and thought, well thats just crazy talk..... then I remembered how things have changed. I used to buy bacon by the pound, carpet by the yard and ice cream by the half gallon.

For God's sake, I paid FOR PAINT on this vehicle. 🤔

But one key, thats just nuts. Hell, I searched for my truck keys for 10 minutes just yesterday, I was holding them...

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
Well, at least you ordered a bright color Jeep , so finding it in a group or lot should be easy.
Sponsored