Anyone else excited for Monday - Wrangler production resuming

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
That might be true.. there are some odd bugs on the configurator right now that the guy at the dealer could not really explain to me saturday when i was building mine out. I wanted the proximity key on my sport s but even tho its shown on the configurator when i click it the website makes me select dual doors? I cant have proximity key unless i order 2 sets of doors? odd. But i was told the proximity key is not available at all on the sport s trim? sounds like a new model year change to me.

Also i was thinking about getting a sport s gladiator and that whole page is terribly buggy... very hard to select the diesel engine, makes me pick the technology package as well, cant click on the stereo, when selecting hard top it makes me select technology package again lol. Does not seem like i can get max tow package with the diesel engine... just played with it for another minute. Seems like they are updating things behind the scenes.

Go to the sport s gladiator page and try to click on any option without getting the technology package. Want floor mats? Technology package lol. Change your mind? Dont want floor mats? TECHNOLOGY!!!
Sponsored

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
Ordered my Rubicon 4xe in Granite on July 5th from Gupton as well. I'm new to this forum and this is my first build, but how do I find out about updates on the process? Is there a website that tracks this? Thanks in advance for the help. Looking forward to the day I go pick it up, but I know it's probably going to be awhile.
Congratulations on your 4xe you will love it. Regarding your question, start here:. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/guide-to-the-jeep-wrangler-order-build-and-delivery-process/

JeepLeap

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Excited as well! I’ve been stuck in “all parts are gathered, build should start very soon” for a few weeks now. Have had an “estimated ship date” of 7/21 for a few weeks as well which is THIS Wednesday.

Fully expecting there to be a delay but hopeful that maybe the build will be complete this week. 🙏

Sponsored

ck23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR-Diesel
While I'm sure the line workers in Toledo are less that elated to return, anyone else here with an order in excited for Monday for Wrangler production to resume?

I've been rotting in "scheduling parts" for 4 weeks now, I'm hoping to see some movement in the next couple weeks.

I didn't think I was in a hurry at all to get the thing, but as the weeks slowly crawl by and our warm weather days become numbered, seems perhaps I am. 😃

Good luck everyone with an order in and may a speedy build and delivery be shortly upon you. 🙏

Can't wait to see your pics and hear how the pickup process went for you.
Oh yeah, hoping for some movement this week. It's been a few weeks since the order was placed, seems like months LOL....

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I'd like to sell my 2019 JUL and order a 2022 JLU and hope they put the 392 into another model, like the Willys, or at least get rid of the etorque crap, on the auto trans and V6.
On the July order guide you can order v6 without e torque with 8 speed.
Had I Known that I would still be waiting for my Jeep, I would've waited to order for that engine.

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That might be true.. there are some odd bugs on the configurator right now that the guy at the dealer could not really explain to me saturday when i was building mine out. I wanted the proximity key on my sport s but even tho its shown on the configurator when i click it the website makes me select dual doors? I cant have proximity key unless i order 2 sets of doors? odd. But i was told the proximity key is not available at all on the sport s trim? sounds like a new model year change to me.

Also i was thinking about getting a sport s gladiator and that whole page is terribly buggy... very hard to select the diesel engine, makes me pick the technology package as well, cant click on the stereo, when selecting hard top it makes me select technology package again lol. Does not seem like i can get max tow package with the diesel engine... just played with it for another minute. Seems like they are updating things behind the scenes.

Go to the sport s gladiator page and try to click on any option without getting the technology package. Want floor mats? Technology package lol. Change your mind? Dont want floor mats? TECHNOLOGY!!!
The manufactures are considering how many computer chips go into each build. Many options are now only available on higher trim levels. My dealer gave me several examples of this across the different brands and models. The Ram 1500 seemed hit the hardest. I’d guess the website build page isn’t updated as quickly as they are implementing changes.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
On the July order guide you can order v6 without e torque with 8 speed.
Had I Known that I would still be waiting for my Jeep, I would've waited to order for that engine.
I don't get it, what were they thinking, they had the e torque on the 4 cylinder and then the 6 cylinder, I guess it didn't work on either?
Nice to know that you can order the V6 and auto without e torque, thanks.

Sponsored

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Yeah Im not thrilled with all " if you want this you have to order this too...." Special ordering and waiting for months means you should get exactly what you want, not what the mother ship wants you to have. I ordered just last week a 2 Dr rubi v6 manual and wanted the tow package. I was told I had to get proximity key in order to get the tow package. I ultimately said no to both because I need to keep cost down and Im not paying for anything extra I didn't even want . pisses me off

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Yeah Im not thrilled with all " if you want this you have to order this too...." Special ordering and waiting for months means you should get exactly what you want, not what the mother ship wants you to have. I ordered just last week a 2 Dr rubi v6 manual and wanted the tow package. I was told I had to get proximity key in order to get the tow package. I ultimately said no to both because I need to keep cost down and Im not paying for anything extra I didn't even want . pisses me off
Proximity locks are by far my most useful mod, if you don’t order them I highly recommend retrofitting them. Only a couple hundred bucks to add and change the whole experience. Being able to never have to pull out the fob is wonderful.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Proximity locks are by far my most useful mod, if you don’t order them I highly recommend retrofitting them. Only a couple hundred bucks to add and change the whole experience. Being able to never have to pull out the fob is wonderful.
The unlock button is the one closest to the "key deployment" button. Once you memorize that, you can unlock the doors with the key in your pocket. But, yeah, I'll probably add the proximity kit to mine eventually.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
If you order now you are ordering a ‘22 model, ordering for a ‘21 model has already closed
Not true for Wranglers. '21s are still open and according to many sources they won't switch to '22 until Dec 6th meaning '22 order banks will likely open up in Sept-Oct.

asm1125

First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Been waiting since mid-May. I'm more than ready but I think I'll still be waiting longer...
Sponsored