Sponsored

Anyone else considering trading their 392 for a 392XR?

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Not a huge concern as the Jeep is not my daily, and I have no intentions of driving it in the winter at all....but I would rather not be waiting 6 months. The dealer I was talking to about a TRX said 8-10 weeks for the truck. Jeeps must be taking longer.
Your dealer is wrong about TRX order. Most are waiting 4-6 months or more. Ordered mine 7/3 and got VIN 7/5. Been in D waiting on parts nearly 5 months now.
Sponsored

baskethead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 89 Waggy, 14 Camaro SS, 20 Mojave, 21 392
Im in the process of doing this. My "replacement" 392 is in paint stage

CUERVO

First Name
JOSE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 RUBICON JL, 2021 392 Extreme Recon JL.
Occupation
Surgical Guidance/Pelvic Fusion/Trauma-RAD
So... My Wife has the the "Standard" 392 with 33" and 3.73 gears and loves it. We then took delivery of an XR, with 35" and 4.56 gears...and I love it. They are dramatically different. The "Standard" has a more nimble feel and is almost sporty in driving. She does beginner to medium trails and without air changes, the truck is amazing....but XR....is on another level entirely. The XT has more plush feel both on the road and the trail. Although not a huge fan of the KO2's...they seem to be well matched for the chassis. So you have my support on the XT...but only if you sincerely hit the trails , for that 4.56 gear is absolute perfection with the 35"s....with that said....when you factor in the cost to do these conversions....just forget all that I said and the XT....it's what Jeep should have done from the start.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
So... My Wife has the the "Standard" 392 with 33" and 3.73 gears and loves it. We then took delivery of an XR, with 35" and 4.56 gears...and I love it. They are dramatically different. The "Standard" has a more nimble feel and is almost sporty in driving. She does beginner to medium trails and without air changes, the truck is amazing....but XR....is on another level entirely. The XT has more plush feel both on the road and the trail. Although not a huge fan of the KO2's...they seem to be well matched for the chassis. So you have my support on the XT...but only if you sincerely hit the trails , for that 4.56 gear is absolute perfection with the 35"s....with that said....when you factor in the cost to do these conversions....just forget all that I said and the XT....it's what Jeep should have done from the start.
Does the XR feel faster with the gears? I am thrilled with the ride on the STD 392, and most everything about it...its just those gears and the 110 that has me thinking of it.

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
I'd like to see the '22's be offered with a 4.11 gear set on the 33's.

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
Does the XR feel faster with the gears? I am thrilled with the ride on the STD 392, and most everything about it...its just those gears and the 110 that has me thinking of it.
Supposedly the XR drops 0 to 60 down to 4 secs (according to one of the magazines)... vs the 4.5 of the std.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I have a friend looking for a 392. He has reached out to dealers all over the country. He has found some. They are all 10K+ over MSRP. Crazy market for sure.

Sam

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I have a friend looking for a 392. He has reached out to dealers all over the country. He has found some. They are all 10K+ over MSRP. Crazy market for sure.

Sam
Yep... even more here -- and my guess is if you find one with the XR package... it'll be higher.

392Stinger

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2021 Tahoe
Supposedly the XR drops 0 to 60 down to 4 secs (according to one of the magazines)... vs the 4.5 of the std.
I would not consider selling mine for an XR for a variety of reasons. I am not a fan of the factory wheels( STD or XR) so I went aftermarket and 35” on mine. I also like the FOX shocks and with tazor installed to correct speed o and transmission shift points, I am quite happy with my set up. The 10 plus top speed means very little to me, so to each their own… Can’t go wrong with either just like anything, personal preferences are what makes either a great choice.

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
I would not consider selling mine for an XR for a variety of reasons. I am not a fan of the factory wheels( STD or XR) so I went aftermarket and 35” on mine. I also like the FOX shocks and with tazor installed to correct speed o and transmission shift points, I am quite happy with my set up. The 10 plus top speed means very little to me, so to each their own… Can’t go wrong with either just like anything, personal preferences are what makes either a great choice.
I would never feel the .5 second, so not even a thought for me. Personally, I don't like the look of the XR setup. I'm ordering a '22 and not getting it. My personal preferences mean nothing to anyone else. :)

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I freaking love my XR but depends what it would cost you and how much it's worth it to you.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else considering trading their 392 for a 392XR? received_1015667039167948
Congratulations on your new ride, where in NJ are you located? Who did you end up ordering your Jeep from?
I am coming up on the 4 month mark since ordering it, just curious how long did you wait for yours?

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Auto manufactures are always making changes...just think you, could be trading in you vehicle every 6 months to get the "latest and greatest"....for those that don't modify their Jeep that's probably a "good" game plan...but for those of us whom create our own "perfect" Jeep....what's the point?? You can always change gearing, wheels, tires, bumpers, fenders, suspension, shocks...it's endless and performs better off-road than factory. I'm just thankful that Jeep decided to drop in a V8....that's what hooked me....:clap:
Sponsored