Sponsored

Anyone else considering trading their 392 for a 392XR?

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
So the 4.56's in the XR and the 110 speed limit has me considering selling or trading my 392 for an XR. Vroom offered me 80k for mine. I've had it since mid June and I have about 2400 miles on it.
I have not added much besides Nitto 35's, wheel spacers, tire relocation/third brake relocation, floor mats, phone mount, tazer, and tint. Pretty much everything besides the tires and tint will be moved to the new Jeep. I have yet to put on my winch or RSE step sliders...glad I have been dragging my feet now!

I wouldn't even consider this if it weren't for the insane money they are giving for used vehicles at the moment.
Sponsored

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
So the 4.56's in the XR and the 110 speed limit has me considering selling or trading my 392 for an XR. Vroom offered me 80k for mine. I've had it since mid June and I have about 2400 miles on it.
I have not added much besides Nitto 35's, wheel spacers, tire relocation/third brake relocation, floor mats, phone mount, tazer, and tint. Pretty much everything besides the tires and tint will be moved to the new Jeep. I have yet to put on my winch or RSE step sliders...glad I have been dragging my feet now!

I wouldn't even consider this if it weren't for the insane money they are giving for used vehicles at the moment.
If your not going to lose money or even only 1-3k loss, then if you really want it, then I'd say go for it. I've thought about something like this too but in the end, I am happy with the stock setup. Yours is different because you want to do mods.

raj21747

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R. Enfield500, Suzuki M109, 392XR, 1999 TJ

you know you want it so just sell it. Be prepared to be without your XR possibly for another 6 months if you order it now. I have a 392XR and its been a blast! the wider stance and gearing is great! heck, even those little fender extensions are looking nice now.

20211022_210521.jpg

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)

No, you can fix the speed limiter with a tune and the XR has nothing other than the gearing I'd want for the difference in cost.

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
No, you can fix the speed limiter with a tune and the XR has nothing other than the gearing I'd want for the difference in cost.
Yep I am aware, but then my warranty is voided. Also a concern if I were to re gear

Sponsored

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
you know you want it so just sell it. Be prepared to be without your XR possibly for another 6 months if you order it now. I have a 392XR and its been a blast! the wider stance and gearing is great! heck, even those little fender extensions are looking nice now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else considering trading their 392 for a 392XR? 20211022_210521
Not a huge concern as the Jeep is not my daily, and I have no intentions of driving it in the winter at all....but I would rather not be waiting 6 months. The dealer I was talking to about a TRX said 8-10 weeks for the truck. Jeeps must be taking longer.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

80 seems low, you can get more. they're (were as of a few weeks ago) selling for low/mid 90's here in AZ at auction. My guess if you sold private party you'd be able to sell for 90.

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
80 seems low, you can get more. they're (were as of a few weeks ago) selling for low/mid 90's here in AZ at auction.
Any suggestions as to where I can get more for it?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Any suggestions as to where I can get more for it?
Private party, so that means Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Cars.com, Ebay, etc. If you are a low spec (no half doors, no sky top) it might limit your sale price a bit.

I'd also ensure you get offers from dealerships... I know of dealers in my area that paid close to 90, and then were selling for over 100 here in the valley. Those days may be over now, not sure.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

How are taxes in Chicago? It cost me over $7300 in Ca. An XR would be even more! $15K buys a lot of gears and somebody will come up with a speed limiter fix If it hasnā€™t already been done

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Samā€™s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Imho -

- the Mopar spare enforcement on the XR isnā€™t the carrier you want. Better options out there. No contest. The Mopar carrier does nothing for the hinges, for one.

- the XR tires and wheels would not be my pick. Sure They look fine, but quality choices abound. They are heavy. Unless you go very hard, real bead-locks arenā€™t necessary, or legal in most (all?) states for hwy.

- your dealership will regear you under warranty. So I am told.

- XR may have less desirable shocks (not fox), I donā€™t think itā€™s clear yet.

Imho youā€™re much better off adding 35s and wheels you want, spare carrier, and then consider if regearing is needed / wanted.

biased opinion bc this is what I did, but it doesnā€™t make me wrong.šŸ˜€ I wonā€™t regear until/unless 37s.

Iā€™d hate to be without mine and waiting another 6 months on order, and hoping for no issues with the next one.
Sponsored