Sponsored

Anyone else considering trading their 392 for a 392XR?

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Not to bust your excitement but that is normal when dealing with a reputable dealership. Now the fun part begins…. waiting for it to arrive which is lottery. Congrats on your new purchase.
Thanks, and no worries about busting my bubble, I know that nothing really matters till you go to D1 and get your build date, but anything shorter than the 5 months I waited for my current 392 is a big improvement. ;)

-Rob
Sponsored

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
This Thursday will be 5 months for me…just wanna see it before Christmas at this point :headbang:
I had ordered mine on 8/8 and just received the build sheet from cryptostickers.net and it is in the build stage. According to my dealer it will be here hopefully early to mid January

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I had ordered mine on 8/8 and just received the build sheet from cryptostickers.net and it is in the build stage. According to my dealer it will be here hopefully early to mid January
Mine “was supposed to be here by Christmas.” 3rd week straight I’ve been hearing that shit and other excuses. So next Monday my local dealership owner is getting a less than polite text message. Tired of being nice and understanding. I hope you get yours quickly! Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease…especially on vehicles this expensive

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mine “was supposed to be here by Christmas.” 3rd week straight I’ve been hearing that shit and other excuses. So next Monday my local dealership owner is getting a less than polite text message. Tired of being nice and understanding. I hope you get yours quickly! Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease…especially on vehicles this expensive
I hear you! I don’t understand why my first 392 RUBICON was brought by a special car carrier and this time around its not even an option. Less people that touch it the better off we are IMO

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I hear you! I don’t understand why my first 392 RUBICON was brought by a special car carrier and this time around its not even an option. Less people that touch it the better off we are IMO
"Special car carrier" -- what do you mean? Mine was delivered out of NITRO (Toledo's lot that holds vehicles waiting on a truck carrier) by a truck carrier, but Chapman in Philly gets all Wranglers delivered that way, irrespective of trim level.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
"Special car carrier" -- what do you mean? Mine was delivered out of NITRO (Toledo's lot that holds vehicles waiting on a truck carrier) by a truck carrier, but Chapman in Philly gets all Wranglers delivered that way, irrespective of trim level.
Yes, My dealer had a 3 car hauler go to Ohio and pick up my 392 along with two other Wranglers.
from the time they said it was finished to the time I received it was roughly 3-4 days and it would have been sooner if I didn`t get it ceramic coated. Now it`s like it`s getting herded with all the other Jeeps, and being put on the train and so on....... I just wish it would have been delivered the same way
On the bright side I did receive a Jeep Hat from Jeep as a token of their appreciation. Maybe it was also from spending over $160k at the dealer, my first 392 didn`t come with a hat or the correct Placard on the tailgate.

Sponsored

First Name
Charles Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 keep gladiator and 2014 Jeep Wrangler JLU
So the 4.56's in the XR and the 110 speed limit has me considering selling or trading my 392 for an XR. Vroom offered me 80k for mine. I've had it since mid June and I have about 2400 miles on it.
I have not added much besides Nitto 35's, wheel spacers, tire relocation/third brake relocation, floor mats, phone mount, tazer, and tint. Pretty much everything besides the tires and tint will be moved to the new Jeep. I have yet to put on my winch or RSE step sliders...glad I have been dragging my feet now!

I wouldn't even consider this if it weren't for the insane money they are giving for used vehicles at the moment.
So the 4.56's in the XR and the 110 speed limit has me considering selling or trading my 392 for an XR. Vroom offered me 80k for mine. I've had it since mid June and I have about 2400 miles on it.
I have not added much besides Nitto 35's, wheel spacers, tire relocation/third brake relocation, floor mats, phone mount, tazer, and tint. Pretty much everything besides the tires and tint will be moved to the new Jeep. I have yet to put on my winch or RSE step sliders...glad I have been dragging my feet now!

I wouldn't even consider this if it weren't for the insane money they are giving for used vehicles at the moment.
I saw where the XR needs to be higher for the 35s. Think I’ll just do my own lift and 37s at some point.

First Name
Charles Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 keep gladiator and 2014 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Yes, My dealer had a 3 car hauler go to Ohio and pick up my 392 along with two other Wranglers.
from the time they said it was finished to the time I received it was roughly 3-4 days and it would have been sooner if I didn`t get it ceramic coated. Now it`s like it`s getting herded with all the other Jeeps, and being put on the train and so on....... I just wish it would have been delivered the same way
On the bright side I did receive a Jeep Hat from Jeep as a token of their appreciation. Maybe it was also from spending over $160k at the dealer, my first 392 didn`t come with a hat or the correct Placard on the tailgate.
Would be real nice if they would just let us go get them. Lol

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
I thought about ordering the 392XR and keeping my 392 till the XR arrived so I could get the sales tax applied to the XR. However, since I have 37s, a 1 1/2 teraflex performance spacer kit, 3M crystalline tint I'm going to keep my 392. This thing is already crazy fast and .5 second faster isn't worth it for me. Even with the 37s this thing just rockets off the line and is so much faster then my previous Jeeps. Also with the different gearing the noise goes up as well as the rpms. Right now at 75 MPH I'm at 1700 RPM.

However, if I didn't have a 392 and was ordering one, I'd get the XR package.
Sponsored