Sponsored

Anyone else absolutely luv this little beast?

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I'm always amazed how this thing gets up and *goes*

She's been fed 87 since she was born and still gives me 24MPG mostly at 70 and at least a dozen full throttle take offs per tank.

I realize she's gonna burn hot.and bright before she explodes way short of what I'm used to (300K), but man, I am enjoying her right now.

It's appropriate Hydro Hazel is Blue.

Which supergiant is the hottest star?

Blue supergiants are spectral type O supergiant stars with surface temperatures between 20,000 and 50,000 degrees Celsius. They are extremely hot and bright. Rigel, the brightest star in Orionā€™s constellation, is the most well-known example.
Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Big fan of mine, I think the šŸ§Ø red paint is another great option. And the turbo adds so many more fun swappable/bolt on parts too. I'm already considering a JB4 to really wake it up, and maybe upgrade the turbo spool down the line if it starts to go.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else absolutely luv this little beast? IMG20220523115511

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else absolutely luv this little beast? IMG20220611181230

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Zach, the plastic trough at the back of the engine, to which you've attached those wires and wire loom, is hollow. There's sufficient space to use it as a wire run for what's currently exposed and held in place with zip ties. Just an FYI.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Zach, the plastic trough at the back of the engine, to which you've attached those wires and wire loom, is hollow. There's sufficient space to use it as a wire run for what's currently exposed and held in place with zip ties. Just an FYI.
Appreciate the heads-up James! I saw that in another modders vid a while back as well, just can't remember how to get back there - I'm sure it's as simple as undoing some bolts. The rock light cabling is another impeding factor as I think there's one in that string that is too short to be well-managed - I'll need to get an extension for it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Appreciate the heads-up James! I saw that in another modders vid a while back as well, just can't remember how to get back there - I'm sure it's as simple as undoing some bolts. The rock light cabling is another impeding factor as I think there's one in that string that is too short to be well-managed - I'll need to get an extension for it.
From memory:
Float (i.e., unbolt) the coolant reservoir, unscrew the 3 captive fender washers adjacent to the fuse box and the master cylinder, and using a small flathead screwdriver, carefully unclip the trough to expose its innards.

If not precise, that should get you darn close.

As for the rock light wiring: if you're feeling froggy, a carefully drilled hole at the appropriate point on the face of the trough, paired with a rubber grommet, should allow you to maintain the current wiring (if that's your preference.)

If Olathe wasn't such a bloody long drive, I'd come over and do the work while you supplied the pizza. :beer:

Sponsored

devster

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys
Occupation
IT Director
I only have 120 miles on mine; taking it easy for a little while longer. But, I am impressed with how "zippy" it feels. It does not feel like a 4000lb vehicle at all. I am researching all the upgrades and I'm not sure I'm doing much past Mishimoto intercooler tube, intake, JB4, and oh... well a few things. I don't want a loud exhaust on this one. I'm tired of loud exhausts. I'm tired, I say!

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I've been running 89 in mine for a while, seems to actually get better mpg than when I used the 91.

This past weekend I took it out to Rausch Creek in PA. We filled up about 15 miles away from the trails, crawled around Green trails for about 6 hours in 4Lo, then drove home at 65-75mph. I also commuted to work Monday and Tuesday all on the same tank. 254.9 mi/12.9 gal to refill = 19.75 mpg! 3.45 gears and 33" KO2s.

white walker1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Big fan of mine, I think the šŸ§Ø red paint is another great option. And the turbo adds so many more fun swappable/bolt on parts too. I'm already considering a JB4 to really wake it up, and maybe upgrade the turbo spool down the line if it starts to go.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else absolutely luv this little beast? IMG20220611181230

how's that Injen intake working for you . I was thinking of going with AEV but haven't really done enough research on either. I did their muffler delete so figured I'd stay with the brand but this looks good.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
how's that Injen intake working for you . I was thinking of going with AEV but haven't really done enough research on either. I did their muffler delete so figured I'd stay with the brand but this looks good.
I've got no complaints with the Injen stuff, I kinda had the same mindset as you (I have the CAI and their high tuck axle back). Dealership said I had some codes maybe related to it, but it's never thrown a light. I like that the filter is washable, it has a good sound, and it went in super easy. I can't say that it's any better than the stock intake which is already basically a CAI, but it looks nice and functions well as far as I can tell!

white walker1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've got no complaints with the Injen stuff, I kinda had the same mindset as you (I have the CAI and their high tuck axle back). Dealership said I had some codes maybe related to it, but it's never thrown a light. I like that the filter is washable, it has a good sound, and it went in super easy. I can't say that it's any better than the stock intake which is already basically a CAI, but it looks nice and functions well as far as I can tell!
Your right I guess it all boils down to which one we think looks cooler right. Nice workšŸ‘

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Your right I guess it all boils down to which one we think looks cooler right. Nice workšŸ‘
You too dude, your build is probably the reason I jumped in on the JCR painted half doors myself! If only we could figure a better mirror solution šŸ˜­ the Lange Coyotes are good function wise, but not my favorite aesthetically.
Sponsored