Anyone drive the 2020 2.0

Robertmkc

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Willys, 2019 JLUS
I have a 2020 JLU Willys and we picked up a 2019 JLU three weeks ago for my wife. Her's has the eTorque, mine does not. We have different tires, but with hers, I can pretty easily burnout off the line if I hammer it down. Mine will squeak, but not like hers. The eTorque adds a bit off the line, but after that, they are pretty identical. I will say the ESS on the eTorque is much smoother, to the point that you barely notice it after driving one without it.

I wouldn't base any purchasing decisions on whether it has the eTorque, personally. Though I prefer to not have to deal with the battery in 10 years or whenever it decides to shit the bed.
Sponsored

ClusterHead

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal JLUR Recon, 2014 HD Street Bob, Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Data Managenet Lead
Vehicle Showcase
I don't own either...yet. I test drove a 2019 and loved it; read that night on the forums about the changes to the 20. i went back to the dealer the next day to drive a 20 they had on the lot. Honestly couldn't tell a difference; they both felt much better than the 3.6. If you would have told me 2 weeks ago that I would buy a Turbo 4 cylinder engine I would have told you no way. I can honestly say that after driving the 2020 4 cylinder I got back in my Grand Cherokee with a 5.7 Hemi and came home- I swear the Turbo 4 felt lighter and more powerful from a takeoff. I placed a deposit on my 2020 4 Cylinder Rubicon a few days ago.
I also was of the same frame of mind. I thought there was no way I would own a 2.0l 4-cylinder turbo. But, I took one for a test-drive and actually liked it better than the 3.6 v6. Needless to say, I now own a 2020 Granite Crystal JLU Rubicon Recon. I love it!

MhaGha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition
Test drove the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2020 2.0 and the 6cylinder

The 2.0 definitely has more torque. The engine is also louder.

I ended up buying the the 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Freedom Edition with the 2.0 Turbo and definitely not to save on gas because you probably wont

Screenshot_20200717-064742.jpg
Sponsored