Anyone drive the 2020 2.0

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I too have a 2020 Recon. Mine tracks far better than expected and actually drives decent. The steering is a little loose but it tracks well. I am installing a Synergy 2” lift and I’m adding the Sector brace. I hope this doesn’t mess up what’s currently working better than expected.
Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
We just bought a new 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with the 2.0 turbo hybrid and 8 speed transmission. I have been very impressed with it. Good acceleration and fuel economy. We only have about 500 miles on it and I am already seeing 21 mpg in all around driving, including some 4 wheeling.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
We just bought a new 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with the 2.0 turbo hybrid and 8 speed transmission. I have been very impressed with it. Good acceleration and fuel economy. We only have about 500 miles on it and I am already seeing 21 mpg in all around driving, including some 4 wheeling.
I love my 2019 Sahara 2.0 with etorque!

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my 2020 unlimited with 35" BFG and 2 inch lift for a few weeks. I gotta admit, way more work driving than I'd like. Its my daily commuter. I need a solution to make this more driveable. Issues include a rough ride (I know what I bought but getting thrown around by every bump over mph 50, is more than Ideal) and little too much play in steering.
Have you added longer or adjustable front lower control arms yet?

If not, once you do it will take away the the wandering your Jeep is doing due to not having enough caster.

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Black and Tan
I purchased a 2020 Black and Tan 2 door with 2.0 in January and have 4300 miles on odom. I drove both 2019 Unlimited and 2 door with 3.6 and 2.0 prior to buying mine. I don't trust new engines normally especially with turbos but I have to tell you I really like the getty up and go of this engine. With traction control off from a dead stop on slightly wet road this thing is sketchy when you floor it. I didn't notice any discernible differences between the 2019 and 2020. My choice for purchasing the 2020 was the fact that the complexity of the 2019 configuration leads me to believe more problems down the road. Off road this thing is a beast and hasn't left me stranded yet.

Sponsored

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Have you added longer or adjustable front lower control arms yet?

If not, once you do it will take away the the wandering your Jeep is doing due to not having enough caster.
Many thanks for your reply. Its my suspicion (and strong hope) that it all revolves around the caster. Hopefully, the parts wont cost me too much. It is scheduled to be at the off road shop Slingin Mud this week. Ready to get it right and back to being enjoyed.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the 2.0T in 2020 was not the eTorque, just the ESS?

The same build sheet for the 3.6 has "eTorque" on it.

TMoats

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 OB Rubicon, 98 Cherokee XJ, 93 Wrangler YJ
I thought the 2.0T in 2020 was not the eTorque, just the ESS?
For 2020, the standard Rubicon is 2.0L ESS and the 3.6L is also ESS, but not eTorque. You can order the Sahara with the 2.0L and 3.6L eTorque as an option in 2020 models. The Recon version of the Rubicon has the 2.0L eTorque as the only engine option. Strange that for the Recon, they made the 2.0L eTorque standard, since they decided to stop offering the eTorque on the standard Rubicon for 2020.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Think i know the answer, but can anyone confirm for me the 2020 rubicon 2.0 does not have the 48v battery, since I believe the 48v is for the E-Torque. Instead it has a secondary motorcycle battery somewhere that is easily replaceable on my own?

I hear such mixed opinions about E-Torque and potential issues with the battery, I'd just like to avoid that mess all together.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Think i know the answer, but can anyone confirm for me the 2020 rubicon 2.0 does not have the 48v battery, since I believe the 48v is for the E-Torque. Instead it has a secondary motorcycle battery somewhere that is easily replaceable on my own?

I hear such mixed opinions about E-Torque and potential issues with the battery, I'd just like to avoid that mess all together.
The regular Rubicon 2.0 is non-eTorque, so it does not have the 48 volt battery/BSG system.

The Recon Rubicon is the only Rubicon which comes (standard) with the 2.0 eTorque with the 48 volt system (only engine offered).

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I too am surprised by the power of the 2.0. My Recon drives so much easier at highway speeds compared to my JKUR that had the same lift and tire size. At 75mph it feels relaxed with reserve power. My JK always felt under powered on the highway, The turbo keeps torque in a really sweet spot...and acceleration is surprisingly strong when merging on ramps....

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I picked up my 2.0 Turbo this last Saturday. Some people have mentioned they don't like the sound of the engine, and prefer the more grunting sound of the V6. I have to say, I actually like the way the 2.0 sounds. I have a pretty light and conservative foot and just hearing the light hum/whirl of the turbo actually sounds pretty nice to me.

My fiance went as far as describing as the futuristic sound of a Disney Land ride, lol.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I picked up my 2.0 Turbo this last Saturday. Some people have mentioned they don't like the sound of the engine, and prefer the more grunting sound of the V6. I have to say, I actually like the way the 2.0 sounds. I have a pretty light and conservative foot and just hearing the light hum/whirl of the turbo actually sounds pretty nice to me.

My fiance went as far as describing as the futuristic sound of a Disney Land ride, lol.
This is the only place I've ever seen people commenting how great their 60° V-6 sounds. I haven't heard enough 3.6 JLs to make an opinion yet, but I've heard plenty of absolutely terrible sounding JKs.
Sponsored