Sponsored

Washington Anyone done the BoH Trails in Oregon yet?

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Those are the only two within a day of home for me. Anyone done those yet? They don't look too bad, would a nearly stock JLUR have any problems with them?

Might try to make it down there in the next month or maybe early spring.
Sponsored

jeepfan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
I just did the Cedar Tree Trail #13 on Saturday. It was my first BoH trail, about 2.5 hours from where I live. Did it with my wife and daughter in my stock JLUR. If you have any 4 wheeling experience I think you’ll find it fun, but not overly challenging. Good amount of 6-8 inch tall rocks and large tree stumps. I only hit my skid plate once, but could have been avoided if I was paying attention. Took about an hour to find the trail head LOL, then about 1 hour to complete the trail. Let me know if you have any questions.

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I just did the Cedar Tree Trail #13 on Saturday. It was my first BoH trail, about 2.5 hours from where I live. Did it with my wife and daughter in my stock JLUR. If you have any 4 wheeling experience I think you’ll find it fun, but not overly challenging. Good amount of 6-8 inch tall rocks and large tree stumps. I only hit my skid plate once, but could have been avoided if I was paying attention. Took about an hour to find the trail head LOL, then about 1 hour to complete the trail. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks, sounds about like I was expecting. I think it's a good excuse for a weekend trip down to Oregon.

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
There are more rocky sections, but I didn’t get pics of them.
thanks for the great photos. Looks like it wouldn't be too bad. Did you see other people on the trails as a safety in case you're running it alone?

Sponsored

jeepfan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
I went on a Saturday morning and there were quite a few quads and dirt bikes, a few Jeeps in the ORV area. I was the only vehicle on Cedar Tree trail, besides a group of about 4 quads. I don't see how someone could damage their Jeep, or get stuck, its a fairly mild trail.

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I went on a Saturday morning and there were quite a few quads and dirt bikes, a few Jeeps in the ORV area. I was the only vehicle on Cedar Tree trail, besides a group of about 4 quads. I don't see how someone could damage their Jeep, or get stuck, its a fairly mild trail.
Excellent, thanks for the info!

SeanS

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Seconding jeepfan30. We took our stock JLUR for our first offroading trip to the Cedar Tree trail a couple months ago and made it through just fine. Got our first few pinstripes and scrapes on the factory skids underneath, but nothing bad at all. We ran it by ourselves and did happen to run into a couple other jeeps part way through. Due to the lack of signage, we ended up accidentally doing the end of the other BOH trail (Firebreak Five) which is where one of the scrapes came from, but it was getting late so we didn't have a chance to actually do that full trail. It sounds like it has a couple of sections that have some pretty large boulders which you might bash up against, but worst case, there is a bypass option there.

SeanS

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here's a couple more tips for you:
- You'll need to pick up an ATV permit for $10. You can order them online, or visit https://www.oregon.gov/oprd/ATV/pages/permit_vendors.aspx to find a location to buy one from. We ended up just picking it up at the Tillamook Forest Center. While you're there, you can also pick up a printed trail map.
- I recommend downloading the gpx files (the class II/IV iirc) from https://www.oregon.gov/ODF/Recreation/pages/MotorizedTrails.aspx. These are the trail lines that you can import into anything that reads .gpx files. I personally used the free version of Gaia GPS on iOS. This allows you to track your progress and make sure you're on the right path.