Anyone do any CB wiring yet?

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
So my JLUR is inbound and it seems that the CB is not pre-wired per the other threads, so I thought I would start one here to see what folks have tried/done as far as wiring a CB for power/antenna so far. I've done wiring in the past for them and am interested in how difficult it is to get through the firewall, etc, and if hooking up something to the aux switches is as easy as it is supposed to be. Forgive me if there is already a thread on this...

Thanks!
Sponsored

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
So my JLUR is inbound and it seems that the CB is not pre-wired per the other threads, so I thought I would start one here to see what folks have tried/done as far as wiring a CB for power/antenna so far. I've done wiring in the past for them and am interested in how difficult it is to get through the firewall, etc, and if hooking up something to the aux switches is as easy as it is supposed to be. Forgive me if there is already a thread on this...

Thanks!
Hey ArmyCrawler, I have everything ready to go, just waiting for Teraflex to make a new mount for the JL Spare Tire as the JK Mount doesn't work. Haven't looked very well to find a way through the firewall now that I know there are wires just waiting to be used under the dash on the passenger side, right under the glovebox. There are what is said to be four Aux. Switch Wires, a direct to battery, and a Ignition on wire. I have found the wires, I haven't confirmed what the wires goto but they are just hanging there ready to tape into.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
ArmyCrawler

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
Gotcha. I was thinking of doing a hood or cowl mount for the antenna, but it seems like putting it in the back might be easier in this case. Thanks!

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score