Sponsored

ANYONE DO A 2020 JEEP JLU BODY LIFT HOME INSTALL???

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICON UNLIMITED RECON SPECIAL EDITION
ANYONE DO A 2020 JEEP JLU BODY LIFT INSTALL AT HOME? Looking to see if it can be done without hoist??? Not looking for any other comments, thanks group!!!!
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Only a couple mentions of body lifts on this forum in the last few years of being here. They all seem to be from you.

As requested I won't ask or comment. Most opt for complete suspension systems, or at the least spring spacers and shock relocation brackets to recycle the factory wares.

OP
OP
Jeepjayjeep

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only a couple mentions of body lifts on this forum in the last few years of being here. They all seem to be from you.

As requested I won't ask or comment. Most opt for complete suspension systems, or at the least spring spacers and shock relocation brackets to recycle the factory wares.
Yes, I would like to install myself at home like my TJ, tons of tiny rocks wedges in between body/sidestep.
only 1.25”er... I think I can do it

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
very easily done.... as I have mentioned a few times in the last week or so. It can be done in a matter of an hour, a couple of jacks or the proper jack/lift.

OP
OP
Jeepjayjeep

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
very easily done.... as I have mentioned a few times in the last week or so. It can be done in a matter of an hour, a couple of jacks or the proper jack/lift.
Thank you... just was wondering if any lines/hoses get stretched... they don’t mention this in installation, looking for someone who did a body lift on 2020 jlu, just to cover everything

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepjayjeep

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Loosen the body mounts on BOTH sides (leave the nuts on a couple of threads), but only remove one side at a time...then jack up one side with blocks of wood and a jack...no hoist needed. Easy-Peasy.
Awesome thanks

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Loosen the body mounts on BOTH sides (leave the nuts on a couple of threads), but only remove one side at a time...then jack up one side with blocks of wood and a jack...no hoist needed. Easy-Peasy.
What he said the only other thing is depending on whose lift you use as to what/how the very 2 front body mounts are just easier to remover the grille (30 seconds) to better access those 2 mounts.

OP
OP
Jeepjayjeep

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What he said the only other thing is depending on whose lift you use as to what/how the very 2 front body mounts are just easier to remover the grille (30 seconds) to better access those 2 mounts.
Yes I looked at the rough country body lift install instruction, thanks

Cyclrder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU Rubicon, S213E63S, 997.2TTMT
I’m wondering if you simply used the body spacers that the Recon has?
Sponsored