Sponsored

Anyone currently using or have used LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders?

Clenz

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting-Gray
I installed mine a few weeks ago and would highly recommend them for fit, finish and function. I did an install video but it is really very straightforward and special tools needed unless you drill the extra holes in front.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191012133404901_COVER.jpg

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191012133419460_COVER.jpg
Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
I really like mine and found a new use for the step this past weekend - when you’re high centered on a 30 degree incline and get out to figure out how to get off the boulder, the step really helped me get back into the Jeep, only I was stepping on the vertical portion of the step, not the horizontal portion!

The sliders are stout and work as sliders without taking away any ground clearance.

I ordered mine as bare metal and had them powder coated locally.

C2B45C32-638B-420A-ABA0-92152E8E46DA.jpeg

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Can someone post a measurement from the bottom of the front door to the surface of the step?

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For clarification photo is of top of rail and not standing surface of rail.

Sponsored

Gogged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you do any serious wheeling on rocks, don't get them. A buddy got them and they have since bent both the body panels in front of the front doors by getting pushed up into them.. I have the signature series and have beat the crap out of them with no issues.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you do any serious wheeling on rocks, don't get them. A buddy got them and they have since bent both the body panels in front of the front doors by getting pushed up into them.. I have the signature series and have beat the crap out of them with no issues.
Did he drill the optional holes? I had mine touch the body BEFORE drilling the additional holes but never since. It’s also critical to install the washers as spacers to push the slider away from the body at the front most hole. I’ve hit my rails a bunch, and never an issue since drilling the extra holes and adding the spacers

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mine are coming in a few to several weeks. Was wondering if anyone had to loosen the body bolts?
I watched LOD's install video and read through their instructions. They indicate you "may have to loosen".

Really hope I dont end up being one of the unlucky ones with a snapped bolt.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are coming in a few to several weeks. Was wondering if anyone had to loosen the body bolts?
I watched LOD's install video and read through their instructions. They indicate you "may have to loosen".

Really hope I dont end up being one of the unlucky ones with a snapped bolt.
I highly recommend utilizing a second set of hands. And a jack helps with holding the brunt of the weight, leaving you to do any wiggling needed to get past the body mount washers. It really didn't take much effort to circumvent the body mounts.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone currently using or have used LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders? 20200628_200601_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone currently using or have used LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders? 20200628_200307
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone currently using or have used LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders? 20200628_201143_resized

Here's a couple more taken from a lower position, to better show how they sit in relation to the body. That's something I had looked for, but all I could find were angle shots.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone currently using or have used LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders? 20200628_200357
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone currently using or have used LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders? 20200628_200825

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

I like mine, went on easy. Haven't run them across any stumps or rocks yet. I do like how they protect the fenders from rocks and the step is handy for mounting kayaks on top.

20200626_164208 (1).jpg

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I highly recommend utilizing a second set of hands. And a jack helps with holding the brunt of the weight, leaving you to do any wiggling needed to get past the body mount washers. It really didn't take much effort to circumvent the body mounts.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone currently using or have used LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders? 20200626_164208 (1)
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone currently using or have used LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders? 20200626_164208 (1)

Here's a couple more taken from a lower position, to better show how they sit in relation to the body. That's something I had looked for, but all I could find were angle shots.
Excellent. My cousin does plan to help me with a jack and stands so this is comforting to hear, thank you.

heamick

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Looking for feedback on anyone currently using or has used in the past LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders? They look awesome and are my first choice in a combo step/slider, just looking for some feedback on how well they work and how well have the fit and finish held up? Would greatly appreciate your input!

Ski

digirati

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just installed them today on a jlur and went with them for a few reasons: prevent rocks from hitting fender/hinge, reduce mud spray on side, help the 5'0" wife to get in and lets me use them to unfold RTT instead of the door jambs.

There was a small paint chip out of the box, nothing worried about. Install was easy, drilled all optional holes. Washers are a bit on the flimsy side, I'd buy bulkier ones if I was doing it again. I suggest adding thread locker on all bolts.

I'm a little disappointed in the final look as the original sliders are curved and these are straight so they made them taper out from front to back which looks weird to me right now. But I'm sure I'll just get used to it.
Do you have a photo to shown what you mean about them tapering out? I’m not sure I follow.
Sponsored