Sponsored

Anyone currently using or have used LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders?

Ski

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon unlimited, 2009 Nissan Maxima
Looking for feedback on anyone currently using or has used in the past LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders? They look awesome and are my first choice in a combo step/slider, just looking for some feedback on how well they work and how well have the fit and finish held up? Would greatly appreciate your input!

Ski
Sponsored

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
I just had mine professionally installed. Look great. They are heavy. Installer said they are built like a tank. May want to consider line x for them if you live in salty conditions. Have to say the step is kind of useless as far as helping you get in. It’s only a few inches lower than door jam. My Jeep is not lifted yet so maybe with lift I will use step more but as of now it’s kind of pointless.

Install went smoothly with no fitment issues. I would recommend these sliders.

E4BAF87C-7ECD-4CC2-833D-4145E46A87E1.jpeg

Dr Evil

First Name
Dr. Yes, I am a
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jlu Rubicon with AEV 2.5 inch lift, LOD front and rear bumpers and Gobi roof rack
Occupation
Jeep Driver
I put these on my self. Not real difficult. They bolt on without drilling. They help me climb aboard with my2.5 inch AEV lift. They also stick out enough to help keep the rocks off my rear fenders. I have some Rokblokz mud flaps that also help in that regard. I am getting new rims and 35 inch tires this next week. I expect the sliders and mud flaps to serve me well.i am an over lander from Idaho and like to wheel in Utah. LOD makes really nice stuff. I have a front and rear bumper from them... solid steel product, beautifully welded and fitting great. Their customer service is great.....their sliders are comparable with a hilift jack. Just spray a little rustolium flat back on them when you are done wheeling and
all is good. BTW, I put a Gobi roof rack on my JLu after the rear bumper. All went well.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
+1 on all above, I too have them and love them, no fitment issues and installed solo with help from my floor jack only. I tend to not use them to get in at 5'11 but my wife and kids do all the time. I'm running stock suspension (JLUR) and stock 33"KO2s. The only gotcha (is a VERY minor one I can think of) is for my wife when she wears platform shoes, she tends to get hung up when getting in (she is 5'4) and again seems to only be with those thick soled shoes/sandals. If you are a barefooter (as I am) often over the summer I could also see them being slightly uncomfortable to stand on bare foot, but this "downside" is the traction they might provide while wet/mud/snow covered so.... not a downside and again I tend to not use them... But trying to be as transparent as possible. :) Great purchase and quality, and LOVE that they help with the KO2 rock flicking deflection as someone noted above... (I hear the pinging all the time after straying from black top as the KO2's love holding "flingers")

AdventureDad2000

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Great addition! They are a useful step for all members of my family (from me at 6'4" to a 4yr old girl). They are built like a tank and will take some serious hits. One slightly picky item to mention is they are designed to clear 40" tires, so there is some exposed pinch seam and rocker panel around the wheel wells. To protect the paint and keep some aesthetic continuity, I used heavy duty black tape to cover the open areas. Most difficult step on installation was removing them from the box! Lots of expanding foam to keep them safe during transport. And there are optional holes to drill - I highly recommend the passenger side front optional hole. Step drill bits help tremendously. You can't really go wrong with LOD products!

IMG_20190420_140251.jpg

Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Great addition! They are a useful step for all members of my family (from me at 6'4" to a 4yr old girl). They are built like a tank and will take some serious hits. One slightly picky item to mention is they are designed to clear 40" tires, so there is some exposed pinch seam and rocker panel around the wheel wells. To protect the paint and keep some aesthetic continuity, I used heavy duty black tape to cover the open areas. Most difficult step on installation was removing them from the box! Lots of expanding foam to keep them safe during transport. And there are optional holes to drill - I highly recommend the passenger side front optional hole. Step drill bits help tremendously. You can't really go wrong with LOD products!

IMG_20190420_140251.jpg
Thats a great picture! Nice Jeep!

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I decided to go with their signature series over the destroyer for a couple of reasons. I cannot answer directly for the destroyers but as far as LOD is concerned they make great quality. They bolted on exactly as in the instructions and no issues. I drilled the frame and used all the bolts - would recommend this as it is very easy to do. The signatures and destroyers mount same I believe.

The foot rest is not as big as the destroyer so the destroyer should have ample space since we have no issues with the signature series.

Just hope you get all the bolts (unlike me) since a few are expensive to get on your own.

ETA: They are a fellow Hoosiers which makes them good folk right there...

Jasondh79

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just installed LOD Destroyer Series Rock Sliders Sunday night. Very easy to get on, I used my motorcycle jack to hold them up.

IMG_20190623_221717.jpg

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I installed them myself too. I did however manage to snap the weld on one of the nuts on the driver side and had to cut the bolt, fish out the nut and use a wizz nut. I'm still not quite sure WTF I did to snap the weld. I did none of the optional drilling. I had my 14 and 9 yo daughters help me with placement.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team

Sponsored

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Love em. However, I haven't had a chance to use them off-road. But they're heavy duty, that's for sure.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I love mine. Been in use since Dec 8, 2018 and the finish is holding up great. Had one spot I touched up because someone opened their door up into it, but that caused only a small mark. Rubbing these things on rocks would require touching it up I’m sure. Seems that would be expected though.

I use the step when getting in and out every time.

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
Mine are supposed to be delivered today. Hope to get them on this weekend. Will post some pics (if I remember to take any).

K9driver

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR & Toyota 4Runner
I love these sliders; they were my first choice. The install wasn’t too bad, just had to drill couple holes in the frame and grind a little on one mounting bracket. I use every inch of the slider to open/close my soft top and install/ take off the car cover.

6666A3C9-0DA3-4514-B8C4-3AF7E3B6313D.jpeg

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just installed them today on a jlur and went with them for a few reasons: prevent rocks from hitting fender/hinge, reduce mud spray on side, help the 5'0" wife to get in and lets me use them to unfold RTT instead of the door jambs.

There was a small paint chip out of the box, nothing worried about. Install was easy, drilled all optional holes. Washers are a bit on the flimsy side, I'd buy bulkier ones if I was doing it again. I suggest adding thread locker on all bolts.

I'm a little disappointed in the final look as the original sliders are curved and these are straight so they made them taper out from front to back which looks weird to me right now. But I'm sure I'll just get used to it.
Sponsored