Sponsored

Anyone considering trading their JL for a JT Gladiator?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Not me. I love the JT, but I can't give up the break over angle and departure angle off-road. If I were in the market for a pickup and didn't have a Wrangler, I'd snag one. If I needed a pickup and kept my Wrangler, I'd go for a Ram.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
My wife and I are definitely considering it. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yep, it's the version Jeep should have building for the last 30 years. All the Wrangler features, plus some, and a far more useful cargo box. I'll be in line when the dealer gets one with the Max Towing Group.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
As a guy who likes to buy lightly used vehicles (my Jeep had 7k miles and was 8 months old when I bought it), I am thankful for people like you!
You are welcome and I appreciate people buying like new vehicles!

I traded in the 2018 GC with 2,899 miles on it and the 2018 JKU with 2,000 lol.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I doubt it - I actually am not too found of the way the gladiator looks, and while they have a tonneu cover option, I like having my stuff in the cab for rain protection. Plus the gladiator would not fit as nicely in my garage. I love the towing capacity though, and if I needed to tow often, I might go the JT route.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
The JLU has enough storage for us. We really struggled with the the 2 door JK and my lab but now I have the JLU and my dog unfortunately passed so we find we have enough room now. If they were both on the lot at the time I got my JLU in Feb '18 I would have taken a strong look at both of them.

Sven

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with JeepU4IA - the Gladiator is pretty amazing, but I'm a Jeep guy.

If my wife wants to replace her SUV with a Gladiator, I'd be all over it, but until then, I am over the moon for my JLUR, especially since I put the 3.5" Geolift from Maximus-3 and 38" Patagonias on her... just perfection. MetalCloak skids going on this week in preparation for EJS!!!

I would like the Gladiator color options for paint and leather... that might induce me to special order another JLUR next year...

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'd like to test drive one, but I have a feeling I would absolutely annihilate the bed on wheeling trips with its poor departure angle. The Gladiator is awesome, but it's just too damn long compared to a JLU.

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
we are seriously looking at these JTs when it comes out. Only thing I can think off as in price point and capability comparable is the Power Wagon, solid axles, lockers. I shouldn't second guess it but it would be the logical choice for me. Work truck first/slash camper/tow rig. its just something about the JT. Its a jeep and it has a bed, so it can be swapped out or topped off to anything. Simple as an ARE or Leer cap like I have on our dually, possibly aluminum tray beds, service style beds, etc. Aftermarket is probably drooling on what they can make money on when it comes to the bed.

c978e196e4941f9278274640597be901.jpg

Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
we are seriously looking at these JTs when it comes out. Only thing I can think off as in price point and capability comparable is the Power Wagon, solid axles, lockers. I shouldn't second guess it but it would be the logical choice for me. Work truck first/slash camper/tow rig. its just something about the JT. Its a jeep and it has a bed, so it can be swapped out or topped off to anything. Simple as an ARE or Leer cap like I have on our dually, possibly aluminum tray beds, service style beds, etc. Aftermarket is probably drooling on what they can make money on when it comes to the bed.

c978e196e4941f9278274640597be901.jpg

Sexy!

Reactions: aai

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
well that took care of the departure lol
unlimited possibilities with this thing...

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
My wife and I are definitely considering it. Anyone else in the same boat?
I considered it briefly yes....

....then i snapped the f*#$ out of it

Would never trade in my Jeep for a truck.

Why in heavens name would I do that??

...because it has a Jeep emblem on it? It's a truck

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Yep, it's the version Jeep should have building for the last 30 years. All the Wrangler features, plus some, and a far more useful cargo box. I'll be in line when the dealer gets one with the Max Towing Group.
What do you plan on towing?
Sponsored