Sponsored

Anyone considering trading their JL for a JT Gladiator?

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn’t using my lifted GMC Canyon truck bed and I wanted to off road a lot harder. Plus I wanted more heated and cooled interior room - thus the Jeep!

E07916DC-1D20-4263-8609-F9AFECED6054.jpeg
Sponsored

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
While I think the JT is neat looking it just is an in between vehicle for me. Not a JL and not a full size pickup. Always makes me think of what my Dad would say-Jack of all trades-master of none. I am sure it will fit the needs of some. Would have looked a little at it if it had something other than the 3.6 in it. 2019 JLUR 2.0T and 2019 Ram 1500 limited 5.7 hemi.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
How are you doing financially taking a loss trading in vehicles like that? Are you literally rolling in cash and just looking for ways to throw money away? What is the point of trading in 3 Jeeps a year? What is the trick to not be financially broke with that sort of spendings. Seriously please enlighten me, because I want to do the same but the math won’t add up.
Jeeps hold their value very well, especially around my area. My state doesn't charge taxes when you trade in a vehicle of equal or higher value/you only pay taxes on the difference. It basically compares to very short term leases. I buy them, build them, and trade them in/start over. It is a hobby. I may lose some money but it is fun for me. Better than losing money on a lease and being stuck with something.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I may be the exception here, but I find it really hard to like the JT. I find it to be really awkward looking. I cannot put my finger on it, but it just looks off to me. I'd even say ugly.
I do like the HD front camera (I hope we can get that retro-fitted) and the stronger alloy wheels.
I would imagine the brakes are also a lot bigger. Maybe something else that can be bolted on the Rubicon?
That roll-up bed cover looks like it would be a total pain in the ass. Most of the competitors offer a self rolling metal cover.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I may be the exception here, but I find it really hard to like the JT. I find it to be really awkward looking. I cannot put my finger on it, but it just looks off to me. I'd even say ugly.
I do like the HD front camera (I hope we can get that retro-fitted) and the stronger alloy wheels.
I would imagine the brakes are also a lot bigger. Maybe something else that can be bolted on the Rubicon?
That roll-up bed cover looks like it would be a total pain in the ass. Most of the competitors offer a self rolling metal cover.
The JT would look better with a canopy over the bed, gives it a more utility look.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Ah.... we're talking about a Jeep version of the Suburban now?:giggle:

Pricing wise... If I were to the the Gladiator that I want, I'm looking at at leas 55K for the gas version... then add another 5K or so for the diesel and I'm wayyyy out of my current price range.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
One of the things that "Overland" trim gained over "Sahara" trim without necessarily "paying" for is the addition of both front and rear Dana 44 HD axles and 4.10 gearing.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
One thing that the "Overland" trim gained over the "Sahara" version is the use of both front and rear Dana 44 HD axles and 4.10 gearing
The standard ratio on the Sports and Overland is 3.73, while the 4.10 is optional with the max tow package on the Sports. Still a bit lower than the 3.45 but not so low that it loses daily driveability.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The standard ratio on the Sports and Overland is 3.73, while the 4.10 is optional with the max tow package on the Sports. Still a bit lower than the 3.45 but not so low that it loses daily driveability.
Yea, getting these options added as a must is a no-brainer considering the money down the drain to add it afterwards.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, getting these options added as a must is a no-brainer considering the money down the drain to add it afterwards.
Oh yeah I'm pretty sure Sport Drivers that are planning on up-sizing tires will get the 4.10s :)

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
plenty of ideas on the other forum (dark side). We personally like this one for a base camp. Utility quad or dirt bikes on the back. A RTT right above. Front rack for everything else. Its like a land yacht with a dingy lol... bring on the fun

CanvasTop2.jpg

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
plenty of ideas on the other forum (dark side). We personally like this one for a base camp. Utility quad or dirt bikes on the back. A RTT right above. Front rack for everything else. Its like a land yacht with a dingy lol... bring on the fun

CanvasTop2.jpg
I like this... its starting to remind me of the High Back (Troop Carrier) HMMWVs :rock: Just throw a canvas top over that frame and add seats on the side of the bed!

M1123_Humvee_HMMWV_cargo_troop_carrier_light_tactical_vehicle_United_States_American_US_Army_002.jpg
Sponsored