Sponsored

Anyone considering trading their JL for a JT Gladiator?

MojoHanky

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU V6 6M ($299 lease and driven like stolen), BMW 335D (400whp/600wtq)
As cool as the Gladiator is, it's in a completely different market segment. If someone needed a pickup truck with a bed, why in the world would they buy a JL instead?
Not to mention, there are many more capable 4x4 pickups with higher reliability than something from FCA.
Sponsored

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If I had went back and forth between a truck or a Wrangler when I finally decided on the JL, I might do it. But, to me, If I really need a truck, I wouldn't waste my time on a JT. $50-60K would buy a nice full-size 4x4 pickup that could actually tow.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Other than getting one just to be different and to say you have one, what are(or would) you be using it for?

...just curious
Well, a truck is always convenient to have around, but all I have ever owned in my life is a few Jeep Wranglers. So yea, I guess that’s the reason. I don’t want to own a vehicle that isn’t a convertible, but I wouldn’t ever care about the JT like my JL. So, a used JT would be great to save a little cash. Plus, I would like to tow a larger boat.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Well, a truck is always convenient to have around, but all I have ever owned in my life is a few Jeep Wranglers. So yea, I guess that’s the reason. I don’t want to own a vehicle that isn’t a convertible, but I wouldn’t ever care about the JT like my JL. So, a used JT would be great to save a little cash. Plus, I would like to tow a larger boat.
How big a boat?

I would love to see a JT reverse into a boat launch ramp with a 7000lb boat without going into the ocean.

Sponsored

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
If I had went back and forth between a truck or a Wrangler when I finally decided on the JL, I might do it. But, to me, If I really need a truck, I wouldn't waste my time on a JT. $50-60K would buy a nice full-size 4x4 pickup that could actually tow.
Not trading in the JL but we are contemplating on downsizing from our dually. I see a JT pro charged v6 with 40s in my near future, she just needs coaxing lol

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

I just can’t make myself like it, but I was the same way when 4 door Jeep came out too, but now I wouldn’t own anything else so who knows maybe they’ll grow on me over time. But for now I’m good with what I got......:jk:....:)
Now that’s an honest opinion

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
It will be a few years, but yes. I have a pickup and a Rubicon. I am thinking about downsizing from two to one.

Fays4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71
I pull a 4,000# boat all over Florida with my GMC Sierra. I am extremely interested in the diesel Gladiator. If the tow rating and capability are there I would consider swapping out my Sierra for one. I am sure the diesel will take a while to come out and I will give it a solid year before I would jump in. That will also give me plenty of time to see how my JL holds up in the mean time.

EF981CC8-7979-400B-92BF-CAD5128F63C9.jpeg

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Not to mention, there are many more capable 4x4 pickups with higher reliability than something from FCA.
Higher reliability for sure. But what trucks do you think are more capable as a 4x4? Because of the whole reliability thing I may be taking a look at the JT when I hit 36K miles

Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
I would consider it but concerned about taking a bath on trade in value. I have a 2018 Sport S with every option except heated seats and KBB value is showing 28K to 30K.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I really like the JT, as of right now I dont see myself trading in my JL for one, probably too because I bought the mopar lifetime warranty haha. Maybe if my JL was stolen or totaled out I would consider a JT or another JL.

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I plan on trading in my 2019 Punk'n JLUR for a Gobe Gladiator.

Nothing new for me though. I tend to go through 1-2 jeeps a year. Last year I did 3 which is a record for me lol.
As a guy who likes to buy lightly used vehicles (my Jeep had 7k miles and was 8 months old when I bought it), I am thankful for people like you!

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
TLDR version, no.

I'm trading in a fully loaded 16 Silverado Crew cab short bed for a JLUR. I've always had trucks, but when I really took a step back and looked at how much I use the truck bed, it's hardly never, even coming from a farm. (Tha'ts what the farm truck is for) I have a hard folding cover on my bed anyways and I use it more for luggage than I do landscape material. Anytime I need to haul rock, dirt or mulch I just borrow a buddies trailer because I refused to load rock in the bed of a $50k truck even if it had linex. To me, the usability of the rear cargo area in an SUV is more practical than the bed of a pickup. And anything that I would want/need to tow, the JLUR can handle it just fine around town.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I will go check one out, just to see it in person, probably take it for a drive.

But buy one? Probably not, no need for a pickup bed.

I like my wranglers
Sponsored